How Do You Balance Your Life

beingwell

They say all work and no play makes John a dull boy. It goes both ways, too right? Too much play may also not be good for us. Me, I work with my computer after I've done my chores and responsibilities at home. I make sure that I attend to all my duties before I start working. During weekends, my husband and I relax. We watch movies, go to spas. We enjoy each other's company.

How about you, how do you balance your life?

iebo

I balance my life by making sure I get at least some entertainment every day, and also that I get plenty of sleep every night. This helps me to cope with a busy, stressful day. When I used to make a lot, I would get myself a massage from time to time which really helped me relax. Its important to treat yourself from time to time.

radascars

Advisor Member
I practice prioritization, every week I plan ahead of my schedules for me to balance my work and my private life. In that way I can easily adjust my schedule whenever possible. If you do good in your time management then balancing your life would be easy. Less stress at work, more time to have a good times with your family and love ones. That's the way I balance my life. But sometimes there are instances that I compromise my private life because of too much work. :(

Thorium

Well, I work on my career-related objectives. In the evening, I generally go out with friends and just hang around.. you know, waste time. I'm also kinda addicted to watching TV shows. I think lately my balance has been disturbed, and I need to spend a little more time on my career-related objectives. :/ Oh well.

P.S. Oh and I almost forgot.. I need to start studying (which I've almost COMPLETELY stopped!) LOL.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
It is all about knowing your priorities and sticking to them as much as possible. Time management will come into play and this can be effective if you set the right priorities straight from the very start. Learn to distinguish things which are just distractions and those that can help you in your overarching goals. And though these things are easier typed here than done, practicing what we learned is the big key to balancing aspects of our lives. Balance and harmony are getting scarcer these days.

beingwell

I balance my life by making sure I get at least some entertainment every day, and also that I get plenty of sleep every night. This helps me to cope with a busy, stressful day. When I used to make a lot, I would get myself a massage from time to time which really helped me relax. Its important to treat yourself from time to time.
That's right iebo. Relaxation and having fun is also a way to release tension so we may function more effectively and give back more valuable results in our workplace. Also, it prolongs the effects of aging.;)

beingwell

I practice prioritization, every week I plan ahead of my schedules for me to balance my work and my private life. In that way I can easily adjust my schedule whenever possible. If you do good in your time management then balancing your life would be easy. Less stress at work, more time to have a good times with your family and love ones. That's the way I balance my life. But sometimes there are instances that I compromise my private life because of too much work. :(
Scheduling is an important way to balance our work and our social, personal lives. I do this, too since I often forget my appointments, anyway.:rolleyes:

beingwell

Well, I work on my career-related objectives. In the evening, I generally go out with friends and just hang around.. you know, waste time. I'm also kinda addicted to watching TV shows. I think lately my balance has been disturbed, and I need to spend a little more time on my career-related objectives. :/ Oh well.

P.S. Oh and I almost forgot.. I need to start studying (which I've almost COMPLETELY stopped!) LOL.
I see. That may not be a bad thing Thorium, unless you think it is. Some people find a career by doing what they do i.e. playing games, watching shows, etc. But if you think you're having too much of a good thing, well maybe you are. You know how it is, we are what we think.;)

radascars

Advisor Member
Scheduling is an important way to balance our work and our social, personal lives. I do this, too since I often forget my appointments, anyway.:rolleyes:
Time management is really important to one's life to easily balance his/her life. We should practice it so we can focus more and less stress.

beingwell

It is all about knowing your priorities and sticking to them as much as possible. Time management will come into play and this can be effective if you set the right priorities straight from the very start. Learn to distinguish things which are just distractions and those that can help you in your overarching goals. And though these things are easier typed here than done, practicing what we learned is the big key to balancing aspects of our lives. Balance and harmony are getting scarcer these days.
As long as you keep your priorities straight, I don't think you'll go wrong. However, when it's crunch time and there are really pressing matter to attend to, with just so much time in a day, what I do is compare the weight of my pending tasks. Which are the more important ones? Which are the things that I can afford not doing for the mean time? Those sort of things. Once more, it's a matter of prioritizing our goals.:)

radascars

Advisor Member
As long as you keep your priorities straight, I don't think you'll go wrong. However, when it's crunch time and there are really pressing matter to attend to, with just so much time in a day, what I do is compare the weight of my pending tasks. Which are the more important ones? Which are the things that I can afford not doing for the mean time? Those sort of things. Once more, it's a matter of prioritizing our goals.:)
Sometimes you tend not to think of what is the most important that we should finish if the pressure of meeting the deadline is there. Most people think of giving up and come what may and then face more trouble after that ending in not so good situation and very stressful. I am quite impress to your line of thinking that you were enable to prioritize each tasks. That's good. :)

zararina

Coaching Member
I also go out during weekends to release the stress and tensions i had during the weekdays. I make sure i have the time for myself, my friends and family not just work. The reason we work is to be able to have money to live and enjoy life. Stagnant for along time in a certain place is not good for our health.

clauemi

Routine, Routine, Routine! When my first child was born I started a routine in order to get her to sleep when I was tired and it worked so well that now I just use routines with everything that involves my kids. We have time with no t.v., reading time, snack time, potty time, nap time etc... It makes my life a lot easier and stress free and my kids are learning a little of everything.

Cecil Estrera

Well I just make sure that I have done my part in all aspects of life.
I take good care of my husband and kids, I help to earn by making money online, I attend to our internet cafe and I make sure to pray to God every night to thank Him for all the good things He has given me.
Guess we just have to maintain proper time management to balance our lives.