How Do I Meditate? A Beginners Introduction to Meditation...

Harry Japa

Hi everyone!

My name is Harry and I have introduced myself on here before so I'll get straight into it.

I run a blog and this is one of my personal articles that I hope will resonate with some of you. This is such a great forum with so much positive advise on personal development.

For my meditation has been the cornerstone of my development so I have put my limited wisdom down on paper and produced a beginners introductary guide. I hope you enjoy :)

https://japa.guru/2016/11/17/how-do-i-meditate-a-beginners-introduction-to-meditation/

Feedback is very welcome
Peace and Love

JC Nkwocha

Wow, great guide! I like that you gave different techniques. I've been meditating for about a year and a half and it has definitely helped me cope with stress anxiety and decision making. I like the body scan and also the affirmations technique. I struggle to keep focus with mantra...what word do I choose? anything like "bread?" a sound? Also do you feel that mantras work differently than affirmations? It is definitely true that you can meditate anywhere haha.

Harry Japa

Wow, great guide! I like that you gave different techniques. I've been meditating for about a year and a half and it has definitely helped me cope with stress anxiety and decision making. I like the body scan and also the affirmations technique. I struggle to keep focus with mantra...what word do I choose? anything like "bread?" a sound? Also do you feel that mantras work differently than affirmations? It is definitely true that you can meditate anywhere haha.
Hi!
Really glad you enjoyed the article. Everything you say is very true - it is a personal experience and differs for everyone.
In terms of mantra vs affirmation - a mantra will have a high vibrational energy... Something such as 'OM'. An affirmation is something more along the lines of 'love and happiness'.
I personally prefer to use affirmations. For me, they help to maintain my focus. I think for your affirmation just choose something that ressonates with you. You don't want to create an attachment to it but you want something that will keep your focus. I think the best thing is to just try different ones each day and see what works best. I like to repeat an affirmation whilst doing some of the more 'routine' or 'mundane' daily activities.

I hope this helps!