How do I know If I am meditating correctly

hello all,
I have recently started to meditate within the last few months, Iam not sure if I am doing it right tho.
during my last session I was totally calm and at peace however my body or mind/spirit wich ever it is seems to want to go some place else - perhapes further. my body feels as tho its light, my breathing becomes more rapid, my pulse quickens and my most of my body starts to shake - this is off putting how ever I feel a higher peaceful emotion when this happens. how do I alow myself to go through this and will I attain a deeper meditaion if I do. Also after meditation I feel energy from my palms and finger tips I can concentrate this energy so it is stronger like a point and feel it on diferant areas of the body. is this normal?

thanks in advance

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
You may be going through physical and energy adjustments that are helpful to your growth, I had them but in a different manner. What you are experiencing is normal in my opinion. If you accept and welcome them, it may go smoother over time as these adjustments are made. I like to start meditations by visualizing creating a bubble of white light around me, it helps ensure only positive energies are working with you when you are in such an open state. I also believe in asking the creator or your spiritual guides to help you in the meditation, and then knowing in your heart that whatever you experience is what is needed in each moment. Then you need to avoid letting your mind interfere by jumping in and telling you that it's not happening correctly. You have to just get into the "now" and let the experience happen, and be thankful for it. You can try asking for a message to come as to why you are experiencing a certain thing during meditations, I have sometimes had answers come.

You may be going through physical and energy adjustments that are helpful to your growth, I had them but in a different manner. What you are experiencing is normal in my opinion. If you accept and welcome them, it may go smoother over time as these adjustments are made. I like to start meditations by visualizing creating a bubble of white light around me, it helps ensure only positive energies are working with you when you are in such an open state. I also believe in asking the creator or your spiritual guides to help you in the meditation, and then knowing in your heart that whatever you experience is what is needed in each moment. Then you need to avoid letting your mind interfere by jumping in and telling you that it's not happening correctly. You have to just get into the "now" and let the experience happen, and be thankful for it. You can try asking for a message to come as to why you are experiencing a certain thing during meditations, I have sometimes had answers come.
Thank you for your reply and insight I will take this on board, If I may ask another question on manafestations during meditation. I have read a few articles that sugest you can manifest your desire during meditation. I meditated breifly last night roughly 10 -15 mins and tried to manifest wealth (as bad as money is we all seem to use it) I dont know if it worked but I just got offered a job out of no where and unexpected (I was a little freaked out). have you had any such experiances?

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
My belief is that we can't simply manifest material things by meditating, but we can create a quicker path towards positive, ethical goals that align with our soul's purpose by meditating/praying for help in getting there and visualizing it. We need to look past the concept of "wealth" to what it is we really want. Money is just a means to an end, a symbol. Even if one doesn't believe that there is a spiritual level that can help make things happen through synchronicity, there can be a subconscious effect in programming your mind and beliefs in a way that you are more apt to notice and take advantage of opportunities that will get you there. There were numerous time in my own life where this worked.

So I think it's very possible this job offer was an important synchronicity in your life that will bring you to new things that will enrich your life, however perhaps not simply because you meditated on wealth. If it were that simple, we'd probably not have the serious unemployment problems across the world. But we can look for the simple areas of growth and meditate and/or pray on that. For example, if you take this job, you would want to focus on being a top employee that quickly earns the admiration of co-workers and your boss, that's not always an easy task but if you want it, and focus on it, it can happen!

Just my perspective, nobody knows for sure ;)

zararina

Coaching Member
I had tried meditating several times but since I cannot make my mind stop thinking of random things, I have not been successful into it.
I think we one can know he is meditating if he could feel at ease or at rest and could make one's mind peaceful.

A

artistry

My meditation sessions have been such that I am totally relaxed , so much so that I sometimes drift off to sleep. I am in a very peaceful state. Different people experience different sensations. Whatever they are, if they result in a sense of peace and calm, I feel that is a positive thing.

I had tried meditating several times but since I cannot make my mind stop thinking of random things, I have not been successful into it.
I think we one can know he is meditating if he could feel at ease or at rest and could make one's mind peaceful.
I also had this problem so I searched different forums for ideas and the one that has worked for me so far is to concentrate on only your breathing, as boaring as this is it worked for me. the first time it took about 30min but after regular practice doing this it gets alot quiker. soon you wont notice that you are breathing and your mind will be lighter, and you may experience that euphoric feeling of peace within ones self.

A

artistry

Good point 777, if you can focus in that manner, you will be able to meditate more effectively and be more adaptable in the session.