How Do Empaths Protect Themselves?

I have never heard that one msuccess! :) I am an extroverted empath and it is exhausting. In my professional life I try to maintain my own positivity and share that with others. I find that what you put out into the world comes back to you. Personally I have had to become very selective on who I spend the large majority of my time with. I have found a core group of people who support me, who actually give more than they take to my energy and I lean on them when I need to. It is a balancing act! I would be happy to talk more with you on techniques that may work best for you. I am a personal development coach and I focus on self-awareness, this is one of those things that effect each personality differently. Feel free to reach out www.individualprotocol.com

whitelotus

Advisor Member
I'm an empath. Breathing excercises, visualization, meditation, sage burning, grounding (walking on the earth with bare feet), crystals, etc. I basically do my best to have as much positive healing input in my physical body, my mind and spirit, and let go of anything negative. When I'm out I might carry a crystal with me to hold on to. Even if crystals don't do anything as many people would argue, it is still an anchoring object.

Growing up empathetic, I was never taught to protect myself from other people's energies - especially negative energies. I still don't have any real techniques or advice.

Does anyone here have any experience with this? I would love to know!
I would say the best way to keep your energy in check is to be in control of your own thoughts I'm pretty empathetic myself I can damn near feel the energy of a place just by thinking about it and that can be overwhelming when I began too study the mind that helped me gain a little bit more control over my own energy

Click here to learn more about the mind

J E Roberson

Senior Advisor
Closing your fist around your thumbs is extremely effective, it has proven to be one of my best tools. When thumbs are tucked it shrinks your energy shell making you less of an ideal target.

Sending silent "I love you's" from the heart area into the target base of negativity can usually derail a situation that hasn't got to much momentum.

The most important tool which I'm sure you have picked up being a young empath is to REMOVE YOURSELF from situations in a non cowardly way. The non cowardly way is the key. You see if you split your energy in a situational energy attack you will feel the brunt of it. Closing thumbs is is defensive strategy. I love you's is a offensive strategy. Removing your self is an offensive strategy its key to know this for immediate healing versus lingering affects. Thus removing yourself has to be fully committed to that energy. This means not sneaking away, not lying to get out of the situation. Let me know if you need further detail hope this helps, try it out in the real world.
With Love Jason