How Did You Meet Your Lover? Share!

mslianne

Okay, I'll go first. :D I met A when we were both in college. :D We weren't that close and we didn't click that much because A was more of a dancing troupe member and I'm sort of a journalism club member. Ha! Talk about opposites. :)

After an amount of time, we belonged to the same circle of friends and started getting close to each other, and before we knew it, we were in love. :D

How about you guys?

Cecil Estrera

I've met my hubby in a mall where we both used to work.
Our stores are just beside each other so we basically see each other everyday.
I remember I really didn't like him then, 'cause he looks like a notorious playboy.
My co-workers had the crush on him and not me.
But he took my cellphone number and that's when I got to know him better.
And you very well know the rest. :D

mslianne

I've met my hubby in a mall where we both used to work.
Our stores are just beside each other so we basically see each other everyday.
I remember I really didn't like him then, 'cause he looks like a notorious playboy.
My co-workers had the crush on him and not me.
But he took my cellphone number and that's when I got to know him better.
And you very well know the rest. :D
Aww, that is so cute! I think the ones we love are sort of the same as we both had lovers who were known to be not that serious in relationships. :) I'm so glad I didn't let prejudice get the better of me, though, as I am the happiest when I am with A. *insert giddy laugh here*
Thanks so much for sharing! You made my day!

beingwell

Okay, I'll go first. :D I met A when we were both in college. :D We weren't that close and we didn't click that much because A was more of a dancing troupe member and I'm sort of a journalism club member. Ha! Talk about opposites. :)

After an amount of time, we belonged to the same circle of friends and started getting close to each other, and before we knew it, we were in love. :D

How about you guys?
Nice story! Well, our love story started in university as well. I was freshman and he was an alumni. We saw each other in a school event. We became friends first. Then, in time our friendship developed into something more beautiful! 7 years later, we were wed!

Cecil Estrera

Aww, that is so cute! I think the ones we love are sort of the same as we both had lovers who were known to be not that serious in relationships. :) I'm so glad I didn't let prejudice get the better of me, though, as I am the happiest when I am with A. *insert giddy laugh here*
Thanks so much for sharing! You made my day!
Yeah, same here.
You know we started off as flings, well because I didn't expect him to be serious with me.
Fortunately, as time goes by, our feelings developed into deeper ones.
I'm glad you liked my love story.
And I'm happy for you. ;)

speedy

Advisor Member
:D
lol, Sorry the notorious playboy makes me laugh sis.

How about you guys?
I met my husband online at yahoo messenger. He was sharing the Word of God and I replied him and that's where the name "speedy" came from as he called me that name because I replied faster than anybody in the chatroom. It was more than 8 years of being friends before we became couple and get married.

mslianne

@beingwell: Thanks so much! Wow, you guys have been together for such a long time now! 7 years. My friend has the longest record, though, 10 years! Can you believe it? :D

@speedy: Awww, it's so cute how your name is from your husband's nick name for you. :D That's so beautiful! It's like God was the ribbon that held you guys together.

@Cecil: I'm happy for you too, sis! :)

speedy

Advisor Member
LOL, why is it that funny?
Anyway, you too have an interesting love story.
Love it!
lol, Because, it is sounds like notorious gang that I've always heard on the movie..hehe.
Thank you sis. We will be together soon. Thank you Lord. :)

Cecil Estrera

lol, Because, it is sounds like notorious gang that I've always heard on the movie..hehe.
Thank you sis. We will be together soon. Thank you Lord. :)
Really sis? Good for the two of you.
Hope you would enjoy every moment that you are together.
Happy for you too sis! ;)

speedy

Advisor Member
Really sis? Good for the two of you.
Hope you would enjoy every moment that you are together.
Happy for you too sis! ;)
Thank you sis, It is very hard to be apart from each other.
I hope too sis and pray that God will guide us accordingly.
You too, God bless you both and the kids. :)

francrislee

I met my man when I was in college. I was mending my broken heart then before I met him, not so eager to fall in love again, my friend gave my number to him, then there was it, he started texting me and I texted him back, til after 2 months we became lovers.

I thought that the way were introduced to each other was kind of awkward, but it proved me wrong, because here we are 3 years and still with each other. I realized it doesn't matter how well did you meet the love of your life, what matters most is how you deal with the relationship you're into.

razigirl

I met Anthony, way back in 7th grade. He liked me then, but I was very shy and was never sure of that. I think he tried to ask me to a Sadie Hawkins dance but I scared him off. I ended up "marrying" his best friend at the dance and that was my first kiss. He gave me a bracelet for Valentine's Day in 9th grade, but I ended up giving it back. He moved but we stayed in touch for awhile.

We grew up in California, but I ended up moving to Colorado. Recently he looked me up on Facebook and we started talking. Two months ago he came out to Colorado where I am. It has been quite an experience. We are going through really rough times with my family and other things. I don't know how things will end up, but I am trying to remain hopeful.

Cecil Estrera

Thank you sis, It is very hard to be apart from each other.
I hope too sis and pray that God will guide us accordingly.
You too, God bless you both and the kids. :)
Thanks! You know, things had been ironed out between me and my hubby lately.
We have overcome the old times when all we do is argue with such little things.
Hope this would go on a long way. And my kids are growing healthy and energetic, thanks to God!

speedy

Advisor Member
Thanks! You know, things had been ironed out between me and my hubby lately.
We have overcome the old times when all we do is argue with such little things.
Hope this would go on a long way. And my kids are growing healthy and energetic, thanks to God!
Good to hear that sis. What I've heard from my aunts and other people that marriage adjusting period is until 3 years were there are more fighting, misunderstanding and arguing happened. And after those year everything will be fine. Then, according to my grandfather, a couple needs to build their own house before the first born turned 10 years old otherwise, it is very hard to build your own house after that year. I am not sure if that's true or not but my mother find it true and she followed it and she told me the same. :) :)

cindymae

My husband and I met more than 11 years ago, online. We were both signed up at Yahoo personals, this is back when it was free. He emailed me first and asked if I wanted to just chat and be friends because we were from the same area. We started emailing back and forth and then talking on the phone.

We found out from our long phone conversations that we actually grew up in the same neighborhood and hung around some of the same people. He was two grades below me and somehow, our paths just never crossed, at least not that we remember.

We met in person at the local mall and have not spent much time apart since then.

slicing_angel2003

I met my husband 8 years ago when I was working in a convenient store. He came up to the counter with an arm full of stuff, and wanted to pay with a check. The store policy was no checks, so I told him so. He nodded, put the stuff back and left peacefully. I didn't think anything about it, until he came back two days later. With another arm load of stuff he attempted to pay with a check. I told him a little more harshly that we didn't take checks. He left.

Later that night the girl I was working with took me out to met her brother. Her brother was the same pay with a check guy. Apparently his sister had told him about me, and he wanted to met me before I knew who he was.

songbird

I met my husband at church. He saw me sitting across the room. After church we had a little gathering and he introduced himself. We dated for about a year and then he dumped me. I was heartbroken I knew he was the one. I went on with my life and then 4 years later he decided that he made a huge mistake and wanted to start dating again. At first, I would have nothing to do with him. I was so angry and hurt from our first break up, but my mom told me he was a keeper and I decided to take her advice and give him a second chance. We have now been happily married for 20 years with 4 children and a dog.

Cecil Estrera

Good to hear that sis. What I've heard from my aunts and other people that marriage adjusting period is until 3 years were there are more fighting, misunderstanding and arguing happened. And after those year everything will be fine. Then, according to my grandfather, a couple needs to build their own house before the first born turned 10 years old otherwise, it is very hard to build your own house after that year. I am not sure if that's true or not but my mother find it true and she followed it and she told me the same. :) :)
Maybe that's true sis. My husband and I has been together for four years now, and I can say that we have surpassed the adjustment stage. But I believe that building a house can be done at any time. As long as you are ready physically and financially.

francrislee

I met my husband at church. He saw me sitting across the room. After church we had a little gathering and he introduced himself. We dated for about a year and then he dumped me. I was heartbroken I knew he was the one. I went on with my life and then 4 years later he decided that he made a huge mistake and wanted to start dating again. At first, I would have nothing to do with him. I was so angry and hurt from our first break up, but my mom told me he was a keeper and I decided to take her advice and give him a second chance. We have now been happily married for 20 years with 4 children and a dog.
Wow! :) Its a very nice love story. A love journey that was created and molded to build a very good foundation for the family. Given the fact that you met at the church is a sign already that you're both meant for each other but God wanted to know how patient and how strong you're faith is with Him, that may be the reason why you were broken hearted. God has plans and one of the good example of a great plan is the story of your life. You're truly blessed Songbird. God is with you always. :)