How did you cope up with losing a loved-one?

Cecil Estrera

My father passed away last year which pains us all of his children because of his cause of death which is murder. It was all so sudden that we still couldn't accept his death until now. I don't know as to when we will be able to get over it but I hope that my dad would get the justice that he deserves.

Anyway, have you ever lost a loved-one? Or a friend? How did you manage to cope up?

easysunrise

It is never easy. I recently lost my sister, very fast also. She found out she has cancer, and died within 3 1/2 weeks. For me, I have to think she is with loved ones that have gone on before, and happy and healthy.
I keep busy and don't dwell on the loss.

zararina

Coaching Member
My grandmother passed away four years ago but the pain is still strong for me. I grew up with her and she served as my parent. She died because of a disease and it was painful to see her suffer in the hospital. I am not with her when she died since i need to work to pay for the bills and that makes it more painful for me, i was not there. It took me years to finally go back to our place and live again here. I miss her so much. Life goes on even we are not ready for it so i am still coping up with life "just go with the flow attitude". I also make myself busy and thinks she is happy now.

KingManta

I find the best way to cope with a loss is to just spend time with loved ones.
Together you can overcome the pain of losing another loved one.
It's terrible to hear of death by unnatural cause, like murder. I find it is much easier to cope with a loss if one dies simply because they are old, and it's their time to go. I feel for all your losses.

Cecil Estrera

I find the best way to cope with a loss is to just spend time with loved ones.
Together you can overcome the pain of losing another loved one.
It's terrible to hear of death by unnatural cause, like murder. I find it is much easier to cope with a loss if one dies simply because they are old, and it's their time to go. I feel for all your losses.
Yes, it is. Specially if the death was really horribly done by just some cruel people. What's worse is that the police never continue in resolving my father's case. Maybe if we were richer and could pay them off, then the murderers would be in jail by now.

vest007

Seven years ago, my grandfather died. He was very close to me and his death was really devastating. It took almost a month for me to get back to normal things. I think I am not someone who can cope with the loss of relatives that quickly.

WitchyWoman

My father passed away in 2006 it seems like it was yesterday. I am discovering as time goes by I am learning how to cope with the loss of my father. I do not acknowledge the day he passed. I acknowledge him on his birthday instead. I also keep a journal and share my thoughts with him. I also focus on the good memories and keep his picture around. I do believe he is an angel that watches over me. My advice to you would be to do what makes you feel comfortable and helps you cope with your lose.
Love & Light,
WitchyWoman

AmazingP

Advisor Member
My father passed away last year which pains us all of his children because of his cause of death which is murder. It was all so sudden that we still couldn't accept his death until now. I don't know as to when we will be able to get over it but I hope that my dad would get the justice that he deserves. Anyway, have you ever lost a loved-one? Or a friend? How did you manage to cope up?
Our deepest condolence to you and the whole family. I can feel your pain of losing a special person in your life and this is a double whammy because the family lost one of its foundation by unnatural means. Death by murder is something so hard to accept because the intervention is done by another person and not by natural circumstances. Aside from fighting for justice so as to gain closure for this event, I think surrendering all the pain and sorrow to your God would really help a lot. Continue on praying everyday.

Cecil Estrera

Our deepest condolence to you and the whole family. I can feel your pain of losing a special person in your life and this is a double whammy because the family lost one of its foundation by unnatural means. Death by murder is something so hard to accept because the intervention is done by another person and not by natural circumstances. Aside from fighting for justice so as to gain closure for this event, I think surrendering all the pain and sorrow to your God would really help a lot. Continue on praying everyday.
I am slowly learning it, AmazingP. Seeking His support really helps a lot in making me feel better through the sorrows and pain of my father's death. I hope this tragedy in my life would already sink in and I hope to achieve acceptance as well.

KingManta

Yes, it is. Specially if the death was really horribly done by just some cruel people. What's worse is that the police never continue in resolving my father's case. Maybe if we were richer and could pay them off, then the murderers would be in jail by now.
That's absolutely horrible.
Death itself is terrible enough, I can only imagine how much worse it is when cause by something unnatural like that.
At least catching the murderer would help you and your family at least have some closure. Sorry for your loss, hope they catch the culprit one day.

Cecil Estrera

That's absolutely horrible.
Death itself is terrible enough, I can only imagine how much worse it is when cause by something unnatural like that.
At least catching the murderer would help you and your family at least have some closure. Sorry for your loss, hope they catch the culprit one day.
I hope so too. But after a year and without no progress at all, I don't think it will still be possible.
Oh well, maybe I'll just leave everything to God.

fancyfingers

(((Big Hugs))) to you, Cecil. Losing a parent is never easy. I can only imagine losing one from murder is worse. Both my parents are gone, dad back in the early 80s and mom just 2 years ago. I take it day by day. With time, the pain does lessen, filled with bitter sweet memories. The memories are good, but bitter because your loved one is no longer there to share those memories (I hope that came across right). I used to call mom every Thursday and talk for 2-3 hrs, now, when it is Thursday, I am super moody and cry for a bit.
Cecil, ((( Big Hugs))).

hatteubanal

Losing a loved one is hard enough. How much more in your case? My condolences to you and your family Cecil.

My mother died 9 years ago. Although 9 years is a long time, I haven't completely learned how to cope. The night before she died we had an argument and the last words that she said to me were, "You'll miss me when I'm gone." I woke up the next morning because of my father's sobs. I was devastated when she died. I used to cry everyday. Eventually though, I got used to her not being with us.

I believe there is no way that one can "move on" after a loved one's death. We simply get used to them not being here but the pain and the longing that we feel will always stay with us.