How close are you with your neighbors?

Cecil Estrera

I am honestly not in good terms with my neighbors 'cause I don't like their style. They cannot possibly last a day without yelling and swearing with each other, which really annoys my ears. I don't really like my surroundings noisy which is even irritating when my kids cannot sleep well because of the noises that they make. They don't even pay their debts on time or not at all. That's why I never get too close to them 'cause I know that they can't be trusted.

What about your neighborhood?

zararina

Coaching Member
I am in a same situation with you. ;)
I am not close to them since they are also so noisy and very insensitive to their neighbors. I do not see any good reasons to get close to them cause it could just cause me trouble like they feel they could do anything they want. At least they could know I do not want their doings just like alcohol drinking sessions until morning and videoke session as if the whole neighborhood is a videoke bar.

clauemi

I live in an apartment building, I don't even know any of my neighbors. All I know is my downstairs neighbors don't like us because my kids are noisy LOL and that they own a broom which they constantly use to hit roof with. Then there's neighbors across from me which I know are wackos who have had police show up at their place and I know they have two very cute little girls. Don't want to know them ever.

fancyfingers

I do not have a relationship with the neighbors on either side of me. I have tried with the neighbors to my left since day one, but they didn't want any part of that. Their old kid is a trouble maker who is hanging around with the wrong crowd. The neighbors across the street from us are amazing. The neighbors to the right are renters who are never home. I do miss my old home. We had great neighbors, a great mail lady and the neighbors knew each other. Here, no one wants to know each other, and it is very sad.

zararina

Coaching Member
Seems it is really hard now to have a good neighbor. lol
It was better for us to be not close to those kind of neighbors since they tend to be abusive. And they will just thought that they could do anything if ever we seems to be not saying anything.

vest007

I live in a city with a population of 175,000. I live in a rented house, with my wife. We rarely even talk with our neighbors. Once in a month or two, I visit my native village. There I usually interact with my neighbors to a good extent.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I have no problem with my neighbors though sometimes there could be some who are causing minor disturbances in the middle of the night. However, I would not really say that I am that close to them except for my relatives who are also living nearby.

Last year, when I was residing in an urban center, people usually don’t know each other next door but it is quite different here in the province. And I like it here. :D :D

summerRain

I am usually at home and I barely go out, even just to talk to my neighbors. I just talk to them every once in a while. I can say that I have a neutral relationship with my neighbors. We are not in bad terms.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I am usually at home and I barely go out, even just to talk to my neighbors. I just talk to them every once in a while. I can say that I have a neutral relationship with my neighbors. We are not in bad terms.
I think this is a common set-up with neighbors when you are living in a highly urbanized setting. Because of less chances of interactions, people hardly know each other and there is that limited connection. Well, some people like this situation because there is also less chance of friction and unnecessary meddling. In the countyside, it can be the opposite as people are recognizing each other as truly neighbors in a community setting. :D :D

A

artistry

...I tend to be neighborly, but not holding hands friendly. My newer car was scratched by someone, the police said it would not have been someone, who just walked up on the parking lot and choose to scratch the car. I could not prove it, but I have strong feelings about it. Sometime after that. the two parents in the family both lost their jobs because of the economy, sad, but things do go around don't they?

summerRain

I think this is a common set-up with neighbors when you are living in a highly urbanized setting. Because of less chances of interactions, people hardly know each other and there is that limited connection. Well, some people like this situation because there is also less chance of friction and unnecessary meddling. In the countyside, it can be the opposite as people are recognizing each other as truly neighbors in a community setting. :D :D
The funny part on my situation is I live in a compound. I am blood-related with my neighbors but they are my "third-degree cousin" as they call it. I am not that close to them, but in times of troubles, of course we help each other. Arguments are inevitable but after a few days or so, everything will be back to normal.

I want to be really close to them, talk to them everyday but I can't because each one of us is really busy with work and studies.

Mon-Jes

Right now my relationships with my neighbors are neutral. The people next door are generally okay except for occasional loud music and smoking. Person downstairs slams doors and smokes a lot, but he's actually better than the person who was there before him.

I used to trust people and be really friendly, and that just got me taken advantage of. That's the big issue, I think -- you can no longer assume your neighbors want the same type of living environment as you because so many people just sign a lease to get somewhere to live, and then disregard neighborhood or apt. building policies.

TinaSanchez

You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your neighbors. If you are lucky, you have good neighbors. But some neighbors are not pleasant and can make your life miserable at times. If you have good neighbors, consider yourself blessed. Neighbors can play an important role in our community and our lives, and remember, you are a neighbor too.

Read more at: Building good relationship with neighbors

John Tartaglio

I am Lucky because i got good neighbors.. very cooperative they are like my family members..
I am lucky too. I have changed my apartment last year now I was here. Both places I had good neighbors. They are very my dear type people. I love them.

pafjlh

I have to neighbors who have been next door to my family since I was a child. Fortunately we get along pretty well with them. We're not what you would call extremely close but we have supported each other and respect each other that is the main thing. However, I do have neighbors across the street from us that I don't particularly like. They tend to have parties and be up most of the night.

Dreek Lass

Well I live in a nice house in a quiet and dignified street. There is a high school - the one that I used to go to - juts up the road from where I live, but even that fails to disturb the peace. There is an old couple that live on the right of me, and then on my left, there is this mother, daughter and son. The father used to live there but their marriage fell apart for some reason. We watched him move out. Next to them are this Indian family, and they think that they are better than everybody else.

Back at my old house, I used to love my neighbor. Her name was Beryl. She was fairly old, but she was a really good woman and she let us stay over at her house, fed us, gave us birthday money. Her husband recently died of cancer but I couldn't go and see her because she has moved and I have no idea where to.

TheBrit

Up until around fifteen years ago neighbours were just that. Whenever you took on a new property you moved in, got sorted and then at the first opportunity untroduced yourself to the next door neighbours. Some became good friends some remained just neighbours but generally things were good and if nothing else the usual banter would take place over the garden fence at the week-ends when everyone was on relax time.

Things unfortunately change and many now when viewing property make a point of trying to find out about the neighbours on both sides. What state is their house in, what state are the gardens in. Is the car in good repair. If the kids are playing out are they all mixing together.
Sounds terribly nosey doesn't it but there is nothing worse than moving into a property, especially if you are buying, to find that your new found neighbours are at each others throats all the time. The kids show no respect for their own or anyone elses property. Within a short space of time all you want to do is move out again.

In todays high stress world at work, be it office or factory, truck driving or cabing targets have to be met. The end of the day, and the week-ends should bring rest and relaxation. To be able to chill and socialize with these new found friends, not have to arrive home to a virtual war zone.
Bad Neighbours Are No Neighbours.