Hope .. Faith & Letting Go

Elhama

Coaching Member
I was used to look at the stars in the sky. I like seeing them. That is not because they are forming a beautiful scene (although they sure are) but because I think that this is the way that Allah "God" tells us that hope is there always even in the darkest hours in our life as the stars always found and lighten there in the darkens.

Long period ago, I watched a movie. As I remember it was called "Living On Faith". It tells a story of a young woman who did not lose hope when her loved husband was in a deep coma due to an accident. She was amazing to all people around her by holding on to hope where there was no spark of healing appeared on her husband. As I remember, she was there beside him while he was in his deep coma, reading to him and talking to him. Finally, her hope has victory over the fact which doctors was convinced with that her husband will never awake up from his coma. Finally, her husband waked up and came back to her.

I think the faith that young woman had in her heart has another name as we can call it "Hope". Sometimes, hope represents a part of faith in our hearts and sometimes when we live on one hope, hope becomes united with the overall faith we have inside us. However, in all cases, it is indeed hard to have hope without faith or to have faith without hope.

Hope is a reproducing creature as a major hope, in a person's heart, in a major aspect of life can gives birth to little pieces of hope in different aspects of his/her life. Now, what about letting go, is it some kind of giving up hope? I do not think so. I think “letting go” is some kind of hope reproduction where a hope dies in order to give birth to a new hope because I read that letting go of what you want is a part of a process you should do to get what you want and that there is a fine line between holding on to something and being worried about it. In other words, you can say that "letting go" is a birth of a new hope, and it is somehow truely related to the dying hope.

So, could you please, tell me any story you know where hope and faith which found in a heart and a mind of a person while living in a cruel sad reality turned into a final delightful reality defeated the earlier sad one?

Elhama

Coaching Member
I can't give a story relating to this but I am encouraging you to hold on to hope in any adversity you face.
Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it and your advice.

For you and for all herein, you can forget about telling a story if you do not have one. It would be so appreciable and more valuable if we discuss the subject itself and share our ideas with each other about hope, faith and letting go concepts.

J E Roberson

Senior Advisor
I was seeking to escape the circumstances of my situation. I was out of college and quit my first job as a manager at the international airport. I attracted a opportunity that exposed me to a direct sales subsidiary of the corporate giant Citi-corp. The branch created more million dollar per year and 100k earners than any other company on the planet.

I was hopeful my life could change for the better. I heard stories and met people making huge amounts of money, while being able to give to worthy causes and spend time with their loved ones and it made me hopeful I could too. I never cracked the 100k mark with that company and eventually went on to other ventures.

I found out through pain and research and implementation of many ideas my hope was what held me back and it had to be let go. In order to effectively manifest our desires our hope gets us in the game however our faith creates life.

My opinion is we have to start with hope for a brighter future its the baby step of seeing ourselves in new circumstance however hope is about the future events and carries uncertainty as well. When the carrot is on a stick in the future every step forward moves it forward as well never to be reached . I needed to replace my hope with the actions, thoughts and emotions of my wish already fulfilled. Deny all except what I wanted and stand strong in the believe it was here now despite my 5 senses. This simple but not easy task changes live magically.

There is a story in the bible book that has a quote
Matt 25:29 "For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them."

I lived with a lot of things being taken away from me many cars, houses spouse, an unfavored life of poverty. This has changed. How can we have when when we did not have in the world? We must without a doubt have our desires in our human imagination and all will be provided.

Thank you @Elhama for bringing to the light these 3 key words. Hope, letting go and Faith. That story is what it personally mean to me.

Elhama

Coaching Member
My opinion is we have to start with hope for a brighter future its the baby step of seeing ourselves in new circumstance however hope is about the future events and carries uncertainty as well. When the carrot is on a stick in the future every step forward moves it forward as well never to be reached . I needed to replace my hope with the actions, thoughts and emotions of my wish already fulfilled. Deny all except what I wanted and stand strong in the believe it was here now despite my 5 senses. This simple but not easy task changes live magically.
I like that you described hope as a baby step. I think also you are right in that despite the great importance of hope, it should be accompanied with positive actions, otherwise the hope will be just a useless dream while it should be a meaningful vision.

Todd Hicks

Senior Advisor
Speaking of a carrot on a stick, the only way you could get a carrot tied to a stick you were carrying would be to stop and reel the carrot to you. In real life, you sometimes must bring opportunities to you instead of letting them get away or remain distant.

J-Gib

personal growth/success/prosperity/spirituality
Faith and Hope go together. Faith is the substance of things Hoped for and evidence of things not yet seen. If you have no hope faith has nothing to do. You need to hope in order for your faith to have something to do. God has given to everyone the measure of faith. Meaning: no one has more faith than anyone else, its just a matter of whether you are using it or not. Faith cometh by hearing. Ive also heard that faith comes from understanding. And the only way to understand is to study. continue to seek! continue to hope so your faith has something to do!