Hi there, I hope this forum would be helpful

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Aguacero, Jan 8, 2018. Replies: 2 | Views: 56

1. Aguacero

Aguacero Member

Undisciplined Person
    Hello everyone, I'm 30-something guy from Eastern Europe, English isn't my fisrt language and I hope you will excuse me for my mistakes if any of them will occur.

I am into personal development for about 5 years now. 5 years ago I understood that my life was a complete mess even though everything seemed more or less OK. Nice girlfriend, good career etc but I didn't feel that I really lived the life I wanted to live. So here I am after 5 years of different attempts to change my life (some of them even successful), facing most of the same old problems.

Good things are:
    - I finally decided to stick with software development job
    - I live in my own apartment even though it craves for renovation and I still pay little monthly mortgage payments
    - I broke up toxic relationships and free to choose a partner I really will be happy with
    - I have sold or threw away all the stuff I didn't need like books I already didn't need, clothes that I didn't wear etc
    - I have wiped almost all my debts clean (which I made during jobless searching for meaning and for myself)
    - Probably most important - after working with a therapist, several therapeutic workshops, and even learning and certification as a personal and team coach I'm now able to openly communicate about deep things like emotions, feelings etc.

But there are dark sides that always have been around, and that I'm having hard time with now:
    - I'm still undisciplined and easily fall into vicious circle of procrastinaton - the less I do during some bad days - the less I feel to be able of doing something and usually in ends up with cluttered sink, missed deadlines etc.
    - Uneffective strategies of coping with stress: browsing fun websites like 9gag, watching youtube, scrolling endless facebook posts, eating lots of sweets and junk food etc. At least I don't drink alcohol and don't play games, but sometimes it still feels like I'm wasting my life to distract from stress source instead of actually doing something that could remove that source.
    - All the negative consequences of the first two: not-the-best job, not enough money, still single, didn't have any vacations for a while and so on.

Every couple of weeks I do decide to start a new life, but in... well... sometimes even a month or two things going back to procrastination path. The thing I really need is some kind of support. I can't afford a therapist now and I don't think there are some self-help groups in my city. So I decided to find some online community of like-minded people and share my progress, and here I am.

2. Aguacero

Aguacero Member

Undisciplined Person
    I will really appreciate any kind of feedback or advices. There are a lot of interesting discussions here already, but I'd really love to get some kind of personal interaction :)

3. msuccess

msuccess Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forums. It sounds to me you are already on the right track with many things in your life. Perhaps some specific goals in your life would help focus. Like what would you do if you have more money. I like the three types of goals outlined in the book Code of the Extraordinary Mind. Goals that let you experience things, goals that let you grow, and goals that let you contribute. Is there anything else? Finding one or more goals that excite you can help motivate you to so more than than browsing websites, however personally I think that's ok with moderation. Part of life is experiencing things that are fun. If a vacation sounds good, start making it real, think about where you want to go, read about it and start thinking about how you'd make it happen.

Aguacero likes this.