Hi guys, my name is sirus and am just looking to put my self-development back on track

Sirus

A few weeks ago I realized that I was slipping back into old habits and its been a bit difficult trying to get back up. I decided to try this out to see if it will work out for me.

Mick IOM

Coaching Member
Welcome to the forum @Sirus

What are the bad habits you slipped back into? And are there any good habits you've substituted the old habits for, but have stopped doing?

All the best,
Mick

Sirus

Hi, I find myself getting angrier when am provoked, I also procrastinate more which is affecting my business. I feel anxious when I have to step out of my comfort zone. I used to meditate, do gratitude exercises and read books these helped me generate good emotions and increased my productivity.
I haven't done any meditation or gratitude exercise in weeks and my productivity is slipping.
For meditation I usually use headspace.
I also try to spend 15 minutes a day remembering my happy memories. I really helped to keep my emotions in a positive direction.
I started using the thinkup app for affirmations and it really helps.

Mick IOM

Coaching Member
Hi @Sirus,

That's some great self-awareness you've described there.

As for getting back into the good habits, what are the times that you used to practice this?

As for procrastination, the advice would be to just do it, but that's pretty clear. What has helped me to overcome procrastination is to get clear why you're working on your business.

If you haven't got clear why it seems rather obvious why you procrastinate.

To get clear why keep asking yourself the question "why?" until you get to the root.

So if you want a business, you maybe want to help people but why?

Or if you want to get more money, why? What would you do with the money? Maybe you would travel or buy a bigger house, but why do you want that? What's that going to get you?

I would love to hear why you're doing what you're doing if you're okay in sharing that.

All the best,
Mick

Sirus

I usually meditate first thing in the morning or before I go to sleep depending on my schedule for the day.
I realized that I don't truly know what I want in life so this week I made a list of goals and for each one I ask myself:
Why do I want this?
How much do I want it?
How will it benefit me?
What steps do I need to take to achieve it?
Then I try to imagine how it will feel to have it so I know if its worth it or not.
This has helped set a direction for my life and also I have a rough outline. I can adapt at anytime.

My most important goal right now is to be financially independent so that I can not only help my family, build a house, travel around the world and be able to stay at home and not worry about my next paycheck.

P.S: Just wanted to say thanks for being so interested in helping me out

A few weeks ago I realized that I was slipping back into old habits and its been a bit difficult trying to get back up. I decided to try this out to see if it will work out for me.
Hi Sirus- You have realised what is happening and this means you are doing great. Remeber what success will feel like and what your goals are and work towards them step by step and give yourself credit when you reach even the smallest goal as this will keep you positive

Vicki

burrell90

Hi Sirus- I agree your self awareness is great. Writing your goals and internalizing what they mean will bring clarity over time. The most powerful question you asked yourself is "why do I want this". As it relates to your most important goal- are you woking on budget for the house and for the business? If this is out of alignment it could cause pressure and anxiety which can lead to procrastination. If you are operating on those 2 budgets, what can you tweak to invest more into saving, investments and the business. Just some things to consider.

Getting back to those morning meditations can get you more focused to start your off positive.

So glad you are talking this out. Sometimes that only can make a world of difference.

Much success,

Byron

Mick IOM

Coaching Member
@Sirus

You're welcome my friend.

As for not knowing what you want, I'm a huge fan of just making a list of things you consider let's say 10 different things, you then pick the 1 that you would love to try most.

Then just do it.

If it turns out that you don't like it as much, you go to the 2nd thing on the list. Just trying different things is the way to figuring out what you want to do.

I'm saying this because I've always been a thinker and overthink way more than I actually do - and I'm wasting a lot of time doing this. Right now I'm trying to be more in an Action mode, which actually gives me way more reference experiences faster, which allows me to figure out what I want faster, and improves my happiness faster.

If you're more like me and want to move towards the theory side of things, order the book "find your why" by Simon Sinek. Before doing so watch his Ted talk, which I'll link to below (there's also the book "start with why", which is more theory behind the Ted talk, but the Ted talk says it all).

"Find your why" is a book that helps you discover your purpose in life through your past experiences etc. Very interesting to give that a shot if you would like.

But the most important thing is to just try different stuff and do it fast. Massive action and then adapt.

Btw, this is also a message to remind me of the importance of this.

And I love the list you made btw.

All the best,
Mick

PS. one of my goals is financial independence, but as long as I haven't got clear how to get there, clarifying my own strengths and what I would like to do, allows me to focus on getting better at that craft, which allows me to become financially free faster. The fastest way to clarify this is through trial and error in my opinion.