Hello hello from Buffalo :)

Pleasure to be here. Really nice forum and pretty nice for newbies like myself since there doesn't seem to be restrictions on new members to post and whatnot. Little background on myself. My name is Jon and I'm a recovering manchild who has spent many years vegging out and neglecting my health. I began a daily meditation practice last summer and made a lot of changes to the way I think and live my life. I'm 26 years old, and compared to my 24 year old self, I'm (almost) a completely different person. For many years I have chosen not to engage or interact with people (even online) mainly because I felt like I had some kind of innate deficiency and that I was doing people a favor by staying away. However once I realized that my brain could change the whole game changed. Bars. I actually started to imagine myself living a healthy life with healthy relationships, in a healthy body. This is pretty big for me, since I used to believe I was genetically programmed to be fat, awkward, and unhealthy. Thanks to the internet and modern science though I have had this paradigm shift and the myth has been shattered. Anyway, enough about me, what's your story, reader? :)

Hi Jon and welcome to PD.COM,

your story seems interesting. Thumb up for daily meditation! I aldo meditate on daily basis.

What do you think was the main reason you changed yourself?

What was the gsme changer?
George

Hi George, thanks for the reply. The game changer for me was the realization that my persona is just a collection of beliefs, ideas, and habits accumulated over time and that all of these things are subject to change. This realization stripped the meaning away from statements like "I am a lazy person, I am not very smart, I am this I am that" ect. I used to honestly believe that I just had a bad brain. Learning that my brain was just in a bad state and that I could change the state of my brain for good was huge. Also deepening my awareness and learning to breathe has been very helpful as well. I will add that I am still in the same dark tunnel that I have been in, which is why I said I'm ALMOST a completely different person, but I'm starting to see the light. Getting brighter and brighter each day. :)

Cool, I wish you success on your way.

As you wrote, “breathing the right way” was also very helpful for me. Now I enjoy every monent when I stop and just breath. Simple but powerful.

The greatest thing about your comment, from my point of view, is

“... I could change the state of my brain ...”.

That is the requirement of every following change. You have to admit that you are the only one in charge. No one else.

The responsibility of your own life. Great!

P.S.:
This basic rule I am trying to spread to as many people as possible through our project of direct help & prosperity. Because I believe that helping others is part of personal development and fuel your determination.

Have you ever sensed the feeling after you help someone? What did you feel?