Heavily undereducated and doubtful of success.

Discussion in 'Career and Business' started by LiquidViscosity, Dec 5, 2017. Replies: 3 | Views: 102

1. LiquidViscosity

LiquidViscosity New Member

I'm going to be turning eighteen in a few days and up to this point, have little to no knowledge of any high school curriculum subjects. I haven't even completed algebra 1, my scientific education is null, I am near-perfectly illiterate in geometry and god knows how many other subjects.
    I haven't yet found my ambition (apart from pipe dreams) and doubt I ever will, nor do I have any practical talents or skills to offer.
    I'm not certain I'll fail in life but I have little doubt I'm going to seriously struggle with living in the adult world. Apart from the obvious (get motivated, educate yourself, etc.) I'd appreciate if you shared any useful advice you might have for remedying my situation.

2. msuccess

msuccess Administrator Staff Member

No easy answers as I'm sure you know. I'd think the first priority is ensuring you can earn some sort of living even if it's not your ambition and doesn't take special skills. Just being willing to work hard and be dependable can count for a lot, and perhaps new options open up along the way.

LiquidViscosity likes this.
  3. Todd Hicks

Todd Hicks Senior Member

freelancer/entrepreneur
    No skills to offer? Your writing is impressive. Also, you obviously have computer and internet skills to offer employers.

LiquidViscosity likes this.
  4. LiquidViscosity

LiquidViscosity New Member

I appreciate the compliment, thank you. Unsure how useful my writing skill will prove (freelance writing/journalism perhaps?) but it might assist with landing jobs.

Now, the extent of my IT skills is using a mouse and keyboard, and the degree to which either of those things qualify as "skills" is kinda dubious. I mean, not to be rude, but absolutely anyone can click things on a screen, we're not exactly looking at talents CEOs will be scrambling for, y'know? I think I'll keep it in mind anyway, just to be safe.