Health or wealth?

Before you answer this question and choose health, assess yourself first - do you have time to exercise? Or is your life revolving around your job and money making endeavors? If your answer to this question is yes, then you have chosen the path of wealth.

I'm currently on the path of finding wealth too. Although I would love to be more on the health side, I'm just too sucked in by my job. :(

Ellyn

I don't consider them mutually exclusive because starving is unhealthy, and usually if you don't have the cash to buy food then you starve.

In the situation you describe, though, I would still choose wealth with the hope that I will one day get enough to have the time to more fully focus on health (to a higher standard than "survival" which we must admit is a quite low standard.)

Fortunately, my goal then would be optimizing health, not something like correcting a painful disability that's caused by the job in the first place. Jobs that take a toll on health so that most of what you earn goes to stop-gap measures to undo the medical damage that the job is causing...that's a terrible situation! In those cases, I really would choose a healthier if lower-paying line of work.

zararina

Coaching Member
Well, just like you I am more into the path of choosing wealth. But I would want to really choose health but again, hard to be healthy if the wallet is empty. Although I am currently trying to be more healthy while doing my work and chasing money. :D

flad264

I think that I would put health first because in order to gain wealth you first have to have the energy to get it. Now imagine you out health second and you reach to a point where you are financially successful and your health goes bad, all that money that you spent your life working for will go right into taking care of you health. Now if you had just taken the time to ensure that you maintain your health while you chase your dreams then you would have been better off when you get there.

So personally to me I think that they both go hand in hand and that you should do your best to keep both of them on the top of your list of priorities.

Charles Franklin

Advisor Member
I don't consider them mutually exclusive because starving is unhealthy, and usually if you don't have the cash to buy food then you starve.

In the situation you describe, though, I would still choose wealth with the hope that I will one day get enough to have the time to more fully focus on health (to a higher standard than "survival" which we must admit is a quite low standard.)

Fortunately, my goal then would be optimizing health, not something like correcting a painful disability that's caused by the job in the first place. Jobs that take a toll on health so that most of what you earn goes to stop-gap measures to undo the medical damage that the job is causing...that's a terrible situation! In those cases, I really would choose a healthier if lower-paying line of work.
I will have to agree with Ellyn. Health and wealth are not exclusive. The problem is when they are put on the extremes. On one hand, you are so focused on health that you exhaust your wealth to maintain it (or prevent anything from happening), you may lose all of your money. Likewise, if you exhaust your health in the pursuit of wealth, then you may not be able to enjoy what you've earned.

On the other hand, having poor health or poor wealth is also a recipe for a hard life. With poor health, you will not be able to enjoy wealth (big or small) and with poor wealth, it can be a struggle to maintain your health.

The key is finding the balance that works for you.

A

alanasalpi

When we have good health which is equal to wealth. If we have good health then our working capacity will increase then we automatically gain wealth. Following proper diet plan will helps for good health.

dana point spa