Have you tried bottled air?

AmazingP

Advisor Member
In the 60s and even in the 70s, the idea of bottled water is something still considered to be foreign for most people. Today, the market for this commodity is so huge that it can now rival soda which enjoyed brisk following for the past century.

And now, we have bottled air on some niche market outlets. Though the growth is not comparable to bottled water, there is a big possibility for its expansion if the air quality we have especially in urban centers will continue to deteriorate.

fsxss

Fortunately I haven't tried yet. I say fortunately, because it'll be a sad day when that becomes more a necessity than a commodity. And as much as I don't want to admit it and no matter how much farfetched it may seem, it's a real possibility.

Despite tremendous advances in science and technology that are employed in the industry, water pollution hasn't stopped and thus, as you said, the demand for bottled water increased over the decades.
This leads me to believe that, despite all the advances science has made and will make to address air pollution, it's really possible that air follows the same path as water.

Hopefully it'll take more time to happen than with water (there's a whole lot more air than water) and maybe, just maybe, the recent push for renewable energies and cleaner cars will have a positive effect on the downward spiral of air quality.

We can only hope :)

beingwell

Bottled air? Is this in line with the oxygen that doctors give their patients? Or the air used by scuba divers under water? If not, then I haven't heard of this commodity before. I pray there's always free air for everyone. We really should be taking care of our dear planet. Thanks for the insight, Amazing.

radascars

Advisor Member
I never heard this bottled air before and its new to me, what does it do? Thanks for sharing though.

thorax11

Get ready too be bombarded with it because now there is a multi level marketed product called, Oxygen4Energy. Yes, oxygen in a bottle. I have no connection or vested interested with this company but they plan to, or should I say, are selling this product as we speak. It is so funny when you think about it. People pay for water in a plastic bottle, and now they will pay for air in a bottle as well.

moneymakingmom

Coaching Member
Bottled air? Is this in line with the oxygen that doctors give their patients? Or the air used by scuba divers under water? If not, then I haven't heard of this commodity before. I pray there's always free air for everyone. We really should be taking care of our dear planet.
Can you imagine such a thing? I can't imagine anyone would want to pay for this unnecessary luxury. Then again, I've heard that some cities in the world have such bad air quality, there is a permanent brown smog cloud that hangs overhead night and day cause of all the pollution. If that's true, then bottled air might be the ideal solution.

iebo

I've heard they have it in bars in China, because the air is so dirty. I'm fortunate my local air isn't so dirty, so I don't think it would catch on here.

fsxss

Can you imagine such a thing? I can't imagine anyone would want to pay for this unnecessary luxury. Then again, I've heard that some cities in the world have such bad air quality, there is a permanent brown smog cloud that hangs overhead night and day cause of all the pollution. If that's true, then bottled air might be the ideal solution.
The fact that it is an unnecessary luxury doesn't mean it won't be necessary in the future. As the original poster said, the same was true for water a few decades ago - having bottled water sold at your local supermarket was an unimaginable concept, whereas today it's very common. I hope it doesn't happen (and even if it does, it won't be anytime soon), but it's definitely possible.

moneymakingmom

Coaching Member
I've heard they have it in bars in China, because the air is so dirty. I'm fortunate my local air isn't so dirty, so I don't think it would catch on here.
You are very lucky about that. We live in a small town also, so our air quality is pristine by comparison to the mega city just 100 miles up the road. We would have constant breathing asthma problems if we lived in the big city. And, that's why we chose to move here rather than there. Sure, there are more jobs in the big city, but also more competition, higher rent, inflated real estate prices. It's a mad house trying to make it through rush hour traffic. Just not sure if I could survive in that environment. Add smog and breathing problems to the equation and the condition would be intolerable.

radascars

Advisor Member
Its very unfortunate that there's a place where air are very polluted, why make a change and just remove all those things that contributes to the polluted air. :) I know its difficult to do but its possible. They don't deserve to pay just for a clean air.

Topsecret

This to me is another catch 22. Yes there are so many areas that are highly polluted. Now we can build another factory to create more pollution, so they in turn can create bottles for fresh air. Even when it comes down to it, I hope our planet can figure something out. To me this is just sad, when we should invest in more ways to create things that do not put out so much pollution. It is kind of like those commercials. What if everything was gas powered? We would not have an earth anymore if that was the case. I guess in the long run though we have to do what it takes to survive.

radascars

Advisor Member
This to me is another catch 22. Yes there are so many areas that are highly polluted. Now we can build another factory to create more pollution, so they in turn can create bottles for fresh air. Even when it comes down to it, I hope our planet can figure something out. To me this is just sad, when we should invest in more ways to create things that do not put out so much pollution. It is kind of like those commercials. What if everything was gas powered? We would not have an earth anymore if that was the case. I guess in the long run though we have to do what it takes to survive.
There are certain individuals and companies that are making some electric powered vehicles and such and I don't really think that in the future we are going to be polluted as there are group of individuals that advocates the care for environment. Knowing that people in every countries are now aware of such global warming and changes. :) I think of a better Earth in the future. :D

vest007

I think I need to try it out. At least I need some sort of air purifiers at my home. I am living in one of the most polluted places in the earth. The levels of nitrous oxide and sulphur oxides are much above maximum permitted levels. I have seen many of my friends suffering from respiratory diseases.

mikeloomey

Yes, you are absolutely right. A few years ago people used to think of #BottledAir as a huge joke. Nowadays, it's not that funny at all. Especially if you live in one of the world's most polluted cities.

Although the Chinese are still by far the world's biggest users of fossil fuels, they are actually making huge efforts to reduce it. Many states regularly fine factories for exceeding pollution quotas.

They are also building huge 300 to 500-foot high air purifiers and positioning them strategically near schools and parks. Strangely enough, these were designed in the Netherlands, not China.

The biggest ones reduce the city smog to "manageable" levels over a 4 square mile area. The way it works is that at the base of the tower, there is a football pitch sized area covered in greenhouses. Their roofs are covered in locally produced solar panels (These are getting cheaper all the time). Electricity is generated and polluted air is drawn into the greenhouse and then forced up the tall funnel, which is lined with micro-filters. Clean(er) air is emitted at the top.

At the same time, on a somewhat smaller scale, here in Britain, there is a company called https://www.coastcaptureair.com - They have a team of adventurers and rock climbers who collect air from all around England and ship it to Shanghai and Beijing. Some clients have a standing order to receive a certain number of bottles per month.

These health-conscious Chinese inhale the cold air whilst meditating or before yoga. It's very popular and they swear by the health benefits too.

This original thread is quite old - I would be interested to hear whether people still regard #BottledAir as a joke or if we are starting to accept it as a normal part of life in horribly polluted cities. Let me know what you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know some people won’t like me for saying this. And, I don’t like to disregard things without knowing anything about them yet. But, honest first impression upon hearing this, it sounds like a joke, and I can’t tell if you’re serious or not. But, I would love to see some comedy skits about this. x) Just being honest.