Have you ever wished you could alter your image?

MiszMariee

Just about everyday all day we are constantly being told to "embrace your natural beauty" and "love yourself for who you are". And trust me, I am all for that but just for today why not reveal what you would change about yourself if you could. I'm not talking about just putting on some makeup or going on a diet. I’m talking about changing your height? Ethnicity? Etc.

Ever since I was little, I always wanted to be a gorgeously 6’2 tall Asian with long black hair. Beautiful natural curls and big dark brown eyes with a nice tan looking skin complexion. So if you could, what would you change about yourself?

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
I guess I always wanted a more naturally athletic type of body, I'm naturally slender and sometimes felt "skinny". It bothered me more when I was younger. I think it's tougher for women as society can put more focus on looking a certain way. I think most everyone compares themselves with others and wants to change something about themselves. I think height is a big issue for both men and women if they feel they are too far to one extreme.

Cecil Estrera

Well, I guess I'd wish to have more fair complexion, since we Filipino have typical brown skin.
And maybe taller height ( I am just 5'2").
With naturally straighter hair too ( I have a wavy hair since birth).

clauemi

I want to be taller too, I am 5"3. Just a couple inches more would be nice.

KingManta

Definitely, I'm sure everyone wishes this sometimes.
Who wouldn't want to be stronger, better looking or taller?
What it boils down to is that some things can be altered (hair, muscle tone etc.) but you must stay true to yourself.
Don't let anybody talk down to you, be proud of who you are.

mslianne

I love myself, I really really do, but sometimes we can't help but wish for a better body or a better skin. As for me, I'd like a more slender body, I guess. I'm a bit curvy, kinda like Christina Hendricks but chubbier. LOL. I don't know, I'd like to be less chubby as most of the clothes I love don't really flatter my curves. :(

iebo

I have changed my image. I used to have a big overbite, so I got braces and also had a surgery to correct it. I'm very pleased with the results. I'd like to have bigger muscles, but not if I have to eat all day.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
No person is perfect and no person will ever be fully satisfied with the physical looks. However, given the reality, most of us would just accept the fact of how we look and who we are. of course, we can continue on dreaming or wishing but deep inside we know that those may not really come true after all. Not unless we have the money and other means to finance an indulgence like physical improvement. Me...I would rather concentrate on things that can make me healthy rather than focus on how to change my natural physical features.

zuulspaceman

I sometimes wish that I could be totally different, and then other days I'm totally content with myself. I have this bipolar relationship with my image. Since I've been alienated from most of my family for my choices in life, I do wish a lot that I could change my image to them but inside I would still be the same person so I don't think it's possible or necessary to change at all at this point.

radascars

Advisor Member
Who would not want to wish something more handsome and pretty right? Well I wished before that I wanted to be just like Ben Affleck haha, I know its crazy but its just a perspective of mine that he's really handsome and very guy like that every women wants :)

zararina

Coaching Member
I also love myself. :p
I would want to be taller but since most of the people here are not too tall specially girls, my height will be fine with me (5'5). I still like to be a Filipino because of the family values here. I just wish I am more healthy cause my eyes are not 20-20 vision already and healthier skin too. ;)