Have you ever been betrayed by a friend?

Cecil Estrera

I met a girl at a get together party and we became really close in an instant. She was a jolly person and we share common interests and attitudes. So I guess I've found a best friend in her but it turned out that I was wrong.

I had a boyfriend which was my friend's ex suitor. After a few days of our relationship, he suddenly broke up with me saying that his ex was coming back and they managed to make up with their relationship after all. So I gave him his freedom not knowing that he was just lying. The girl whom he chose to be with is my so called "friend". Yes, they eventually became on when she rejected him at first. And my friend didn't even told me that there's something going on between them even if my boyfriend and I are still in a relationship. What's worse was that she kept on advising me good things on how my relationship could work. Well, I didn't know that she is double-faced.

Well, I am not bitter with him broking up with me but with them lying at me that should have been better if they told me the real score 'cause I will be more than willing to set them free.

Now, I am not seeing them at all and we really haven't talked and made up with each other after 5 or 6 years I guess.

So guys, have you had the same experience?

zararina

Coaching Member
It was just right not to get connected to those kind of people for your own good. ;)
I also had experienced being betrayed by a friend but not in a love issue. It was school related and it was not that big thing but still I felt irritated with what she had done to me. It was just about a project that we supposedly be given credit together but she gets all the credits. It is a betrayal for me and it was like she had used me. Anyways, we are also not close anymore and we lost contact ever since we had graduated in high school.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
Only a few things in this life could be more painful than being betrayed by a friend especially with a close friend whom you trusted so much and whom you expect would be there for you. This is actually based on my own personal experience. I now realized that we should not really expect a lot because at the end we would only get disappointed with people who fail to value us and instead turn us down. I still believe in friendship but right now I am wiser and would always be careful. For now. think twice in lending money to a friend as a lot of friendships were thrashed because of money.

radascars

Advisor Member
I really am blinded by those betrayal. I mean I don't experience it yet being betrayed by a friend but most of the time there's this feeling that someone might betraying me as of this moment but who am I to judge right? If ever someone betrayed me especially my closest friend I really don't know how to react, I guess it depends on how severe the situation is. But as of now, I really enjoy my life with my closest friends and my girlfriend. :)

scrollworm

Not yet been betrayed but have been hurt. Those times I was hurt, I did feel betrayed. I just have to later realize that I'm merely overreacting. Suddenly, it became one of my fears. If being just hurt made me feel so down, how much more if I am really betrayed?

IVY CULLENS

Yes been there done that! She isn't worth your time and neither is he! I was in a relationship for 4 years when I found out my serious boyfriend was seeing my best friend behind my back. It ended both relationships. It ended their relationship as well. Try not to let it get the best to you honey. People like them are a dime a dozen and unfortunately it's something you will have to deal with for the rest of your life!

All good is hard... All evil is easy... Dying, losing, cheating, and mediocrity is easy. Stay away from easy.
Scott Alexander

AmazingP

Advisor Member
Yes been there done that! She isn't worth your time and neither is he! I was in a relationship for 4 years when I found out my serious boyfriend was seeing my best friend behind my back. It ended both relationships. It ended their relationship as well. Try not to let it get the best to you honey. People like them are a dime a dozen and unfortunately it's something you will have to deal with for the rest of your life!
On why some people can really do that is beyond my comprehension. In all honesty, it is deception and those two people are also deceiving themselves to believe that everything would just be fine despite of what they have done. We should really be careful with people as a lot of them these days can be wearing double faced masks and you don't know when they will strike in stabbing you from behind. :D

Mon-Jes

Been betrayed by co-workers who started out as friends but later proved that wrong. Have you ever read the "Dilbert" comic strip? Know how Scott Adams calls co-workers "cow-orkers"? Yeah, I figured that out after this experience. One odd thing I've noticed is that after I turned, oh, 5 years old or so, those people who instantly made me feel like a friend often turned out not to be. That doesn't mean everyone who you like is evil. But it did teach me to keep some boundaries until I was more comfortable with the idea that the person may actually be a genuinely nice person. Sorry to hear about this so-called friend and your boyfriend.