Half-Empty or Half-Full?

beingwell

Which type of person are you? This may actually define where you are right now in your life. This may dictate how you appreciate each little blessing you receive from the universe. As for me, it's quite obvious that I consider myself a half-full kind of a person. I see everything around me as God's marvelous gifts.

speedy

Advisor Member
I guess, I am half-full person because God blessed me in some ways. Problems and trials are normal things that happen in our life but despite those things Life is good and many reasons to be thank off. God bless.

beingwell

I guess, I am half-full person because God blessed me in some ways. Problems and trials are normal things that happen in our life but despite those things Life is good and many reasons to be thank off. God bless.
Indeed! I believe that everything happens for a reason. We should always be happy with what we are receiving, so we'll receive more of the good stuffs from God.

Regine Richter

I am more of a half empty person but that does not mean I am negative all the time, only hanging my head and whining about this and that. Its just because there were too many situations in my life where I went in with sort of high hopes and dreams and crashed on the floor like Ikarus when he made himself wings and tried to fly. With my half empty attitude I dont expect so much and dont get hurt so much as well.

beingwell

I am more of a half empty person but that does not mean I am negative all the time, only hanging my head and whining about this and that. Its just because there were too many situations in my life where I went in with sort of high hopes and dreams and crashed on the floor like Ikarus when he made himself wings and tried to fly. With my half empty attitude I dont expect so much and dont get hurt so much as well.
Being half-empty doesn't necessarily mean that you are indeed a negative person. It's simply how you see things; a perception of what's happening around you. Maybe you are being like this to prevent yourself from expecting too much. Just remember to be happy always and enjoy life!:)

Regine Richter

Being half-empty doesn't necessarily mean that you are indeed a negative person. It's simply how you see things; a perception of what's happening around you. Maybe you are being like this to prevent yourself from expecting too much. Just remember to be happy always and enjoy life!:)[/quote
thanks beingwell thats exactly what I meant. Have a wonderful day with lots of lovely surprises.......

iebo

I lost my glass. So what does that make me? I try to look at the bright side of things and appreciate what I have. I am working towards getting the glass all the way full again, like it used to be.

beingwell

I lost my glass. So what does that make me? I try to look at the bright side of things and appreciate what I have. I am working towards getting the glass all the way full again, like it used to be.
That's nice to hear iebo. I wonder how you lost that glass of yours?:rolleyes: At any rate, I sure you find it again so you drink from it once more. Best of luck there, amigo!

beingwell

I guess I would be half-full. Trials and tribulations are part of life and help you grow. They're not always pleasant, but they do help you mature in life.
Life's half-full! That's great gowriter! True, everything that comes to our life only make us better persons. We should always be happy for them and be able to learn from them.:)

Matt Maresca

By habit, I would classify myself as a half-empty person. It's always been easier for me to see the bad in every situation, just because that's the way I trained my mind to work over the years. Now, however, I realize that it is much more important to see the good in every situation, so I do my best to take a step back and analyze things from a more positive perspective. It's not natural for me yet, but that is one thing I am definitely constantly working on with myself.

Good question!

zararina

Coaching Member
I am half full too. ;)
I like seeing things in a more positive way and it makes life more easy to handle. Seeing things in half full always makes you feel you almost had it, just a little more push and it will be full. It makes you happier in reaching those goals in life.

Cecil Estrera

I can say I'm a bit of both.
Well it's all because life isn't pure ups and at times I am down I can very well think of negative things and that's when I can be so unthankful of what I am receiving from God.
But I try to be half-full most of the time, focus on the positive aspects of life, and thank God that my family and I are blessed with all the necessities in life. I guess what's important is that we are able to survive every single day that passes us by and not just those material things that we cannot have, thinking we deserve to have more.

canadien

I'm also a bit of both. I generally try and think of things that I am able to look forward to in the day, which in turn keeps my spirits and overall attitude up. It can be something as simple as "Oh yeah, I've got a can of iced tea waiting for me when I get back". Just little things like that, help me look at life half-full. There are also times when I get a bit depressed and go into the half-empty mode. Recently, there have been quite a bit of stressful issues in my life with my family, but I think I'm starting to climb out of it.

KingManta

Definitely half full.
It's very important to always look at the bright side of things, and to be optimistic.
When you expect the worst to happen and just give up, then it will likely happen.
Always stay strong and hopeful and things will turn out okay.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
While everybody would let loose a very easy answer of being half-full because it signifies that a person is more inclined to be positive rather than dwell so much on what is not there, I would differ a little with the view of the majority. So please allow me to look at the glass as half-full and half-empty. I want to have a balanced view of things as I am sure that anything we do would always have the good side and some not so good. Whenever I drink water from a glass, there is no issue for me if it is half-full or otherwise, what is more important for me is that there is a water inside -- though I don't have to turn a blind eye of the content. When you are thirsty there is no time to ascertain the quantity of the water inside the glass because you are looking at the water not the glass anyway -- nobody get quenched by the glass.

Neobian

There is a third type of mentality involved. It is about getting the "right" size of container for the job.

It means focussing on self (container) instead of focusing on external influences(liquid poured on you).

francrislee

Half Full means you're satisfied and you're happy with what you have right now, and i guess I am. Despite the challenges God is giving us in our daily life, in work, in family, and in love life, God knows that we can recover from it, and by these challenges, He makes us as to who we are today.

God never leaves us, so no man should ever feel that they're half empty or simply empty inside. Some people feel that way because they lack faith and hope, and because we are God's advocate, maybe this is the right time for us to spread His word and be an instrument to fulfill His plans in making the society peaceful and loving.

DeeNeely

Indeed! I believe that everything happens for a reason. We should always be happy with what we are receiving, so we'll receive more of the good stuffs from God.
I never could understand how people can justify this line of reasoning. There is way too much bad stuff happening to think that. If there is a reason for everything happening then it can't be a good one.