Good mood for better health

radascars

Advisor Member
Your mood is directly connected to your health and your health is openly associated to your mood. If you think about it you’ll find out that when you’re unwell don't you also feel junky? If you’re experiencing headache aren't you more likely to be complaining? If you're angry all the time you're rising your blood pressure. If you're sad all the time your immune system isn't going to be as strong.

Stress is the most understandable mood-health instance. If you're strained and unhappy with your life wait a few weeks and watch what happens. You'll have a cold, your entire body will ache, you will certainly gain or lose weight, lose interest in physical activities. There is a reason why you feel so bad when you're unhappy- you're unhealthy!
Now that we connected our mood to our health this are what I do when I feel gloomy or to improve my mood and health at the same time.

Always keep optimistic, this is the top most essential thing you can do. If you're constantly waiting for the next bad thing to occur than you aren't enjoying the times in between catastrophes. That's a sad way to live.

Instead of distressing, do what you can and then see in your mind's eye brilliant results. Even if those marks never happen you'll be happier imagining them than you would imagining terrible times and heartache.
So what do you do to keep yourself in a good mood?

zararina

Coaching Member
I also believe that having a good mood and good disposition in life makes us healthier. Being stressed and depressed could lead to some other serious illnesses just as mental illness and could weaken our immune system in a long run. Better to think positive and see life in the brighter side.

Marmalade

You are so right and I can actually feel the difference when I make myself stay positive and upbeat during stressful times. A positive attitude brings positive energy our way. Plus, it just makes you feel good and those around you! :)

Daniel paul

I believe disease in on people's mind rather than body. Though there are some body related disease but sickness begins from their mind. When people get nervous then he/she starts to think that he/she is ill and this thinking makes him/her sick.

radascars

Advisor Member
I believe disease in on people's mind rather than body. Though there are some body related disease but sickness begins from their mind. When people get nervous then he/she starts to think that he/she is ill and this thinking makes him/her sick.
You have a point, if you believe that you are sick then there is a probability that you'll definitely get sick or have an illness regardless of its severity. :(

Cecil Estrera

I just try to not take things too seriously. I just tell to myself that if I over-think about it, I will go crazy. And, call it defense mechanism, but I try to find better reasons and think better outcomes of any undesirable event in my life.
These are really effective for me to cope up. Also, seeking guidance from God uplifts my spirit. :)

AmazingP

Advisor Member
Being pessimistic can depress the immune system and when our immune system is depressed we can be more pessimistic. The solution: Be positive and cheer up in the midst of all the negative news and disappointing developments happening all around us and in us. While can never change things and people, we can change how we react to people and events.

Cheers! Think positive and we can achieve!

A

artistry

It is so true, what you say, I do believe, that your mental state can affect your health. If you can try to think in a positive way, your health will follow suit. I think, although I have not read any studies on the subject, that angry people are sicker people. Smiles and laughter are a way to help your body ward off illness. Being able to laugh as much as you can , will, I do believe, promote a much healthier body. Mind over matter as they say, laugh as much as you can, think happy thoughts and be as positive in your attitude, as you can be. It promotes wellness. It's a good thing.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
It is so true, what you say, I do believe, that your mental state can affect your health. If you can try to think in a positive way, your health will follow suit. I think, although I have not read any studies on the subject, that angry people are sicker people. Smiles and laughter are a way to help your body ward off illness. Being able to laugh as much as you can , will, I do believe, promote a much healthier body. Mind over matter as they say, laugh as much as you can, think happy thoughts and be as positive in your attitude, as you can be. It promotes wellness. It's a good thing.
Being positive and always looking forward the future with some enthusiasm can be big factors to have a quality of life and a healthy disposition. If only we could have the way to bottle and sell positivism, then we would have this on the market years ago. Right now, we already have a lot of studies showing a correlation between positive living and health and it is up to us to learn and apply those lessons on our life. Always be positive for better health...:D