Go-Getter or Go-Giver?

beingwell

Which one are you?

If you are on sales, most of the motivational speakers would tell you to go get that client! Or go get that sales target! It's true.:D But would you believe that when you're a go-giver type of guy, would actually end up with more clients and more sales? Just think of the biggest givers in our time? Aren't they the millionaires and billionaires of our worlds?

I would like to be a go-giver. I don't know how much I can really give but I would like to try. How about you?

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
I suppose it depends on what I'm giving. I'll give my time when it's a good investment, like when someone wants my advice or assistance and will make good use of it. Financially I think few of us can afford to give much away. A key to being good in sales is selling something you truly believe in, and want to ensure the customer is happy. People will sense if you're deceiving them, especially if in person. And if you get your client to trust you, there is much greater chance of long-term business. So I think you can be both, be aggressive in pursuing new business and opportunities, but at the same time being willing to sacrifice some profits in order to stay honest and to feel good about your ethics.

zararina

Coaching Member
Hi, because you had said and given an example about the benefit of being a go giver. I would definitely want to be a go giver. It would bring more clients and more income. ;) :D

iebo

I'm not sure what you mean by a go-giver. I think you can be both someone who achieves their goals and also someone who gives to charity.

dietcoke55

If you work in sales I think you can only be a go giver if the product you are selling is in high demand, as in that case you will have lots of customers ready to buy the product that just simply require you to give them a little more information about it. If however you are selling a product or service that is not in demand or new to the market then I think you have no choice but to be a go getter.

hatteubanal

I'm definitely a go-giver. I give whenever I can whether. Problem is, I am such a go-giver that I sometimes forget to leave something for my self. :(

Go-givers more often than not are taken advantaged of. Having said this, I guess I can safely say that based on experience, being a "hard core" go-giver won't necessarily lead you to success. Life is all about balance. In order to be successful, you need to be a little bit of both. ;)