Giving Up Everything For Faith

AmazingP

Advisor Member
It is time for a little debate. The question of what is the true religion could easily ignite a spark in a lot of people who are so sure of their own belief and religious preference. And you can always count on numerous believers to defend their faith to the point of giving up their own properties, families and even lives. History showed that to be really true.

On a personal level, do you really believe that your faith is the one and only recognized by the true God? Or do you also entertain the idea that all of us will eventually be gathered under one wing and at the end? Lastly, would you be willing to give up everything for your faith when circumstances call for it?

Empangop

Hi...it's totally wrong to give up everything for the sake of out faith. Of course there are limitations. Faith is something that comes in our current situation or position. One can be a President without faith but later have faith in God later on. It doesn't mean, he must quit President post and simply turn to God alone. By right he must be a President with full of faith in God at the same time. In my personal opinion, never ever give anything that are good just for the sake newly acquired faith. Let add faith to our everything. God likes us to handle everything in his name.

radascars

Advisor Member
I do not pay much attention about giving out everything just for my faith look at what happened to the followers of Harold Camping, the president of Family radio. Those followers already sold their properties and also resigned in their job due to the fact that Harold Camping assumed that it is end of the world. And then it turned out to be wrong now those followers didn't know how to start again for a living.

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
I believe that our creator wouldn't have just one "true religion", rather there would be multiple humans that had achieved enlightenment and decided to share what they know with the world. Each human would have unique perspectives and interpretations, which would lead to variations on what they taught. If you look at the core teachings of religions, for the most part they teach the same things. People need to stop getting caught up in the external technicalities and rituals of their religion and instead go inside themselves to create change, and connect to our creator from the inside rather than the outside.

Giving up everything for the faith? The question is what is "everything" and what is "giving up". It's a good question but difficult to really answer without a real hypothetical situation. I do try ensure that every moment of my life is lived in a way I'd be comfortable that our creator would be pleased with, however we know we're not perfect.

rose banks

Religion can't save us. What is important is that you follow Christ, believe in God and do good will. However, giving up everything for faith, I can't say I can but I can't say I can't too. I don't know if we could answer this question directly. It needs meditation, thinking and prayer.