Give Us Advise In Starting Up Our Own Business

beingwell

It's not easy to start up a personal business. It takes a lot of time and money. Whether it's an online business, a registered company, a networking company, starting up a business endeavor takes guts, discipline and determination.

To all those with their own personal businesses here - may it be an earning website or a buy and sell company, care to share with us some of wise words on how we can succeed with our own businesses.:rolleyes:

wlrahilly

I have a home business and have been working from home for about 8 years now. I have definitely gone through some serious trial and error while building it. Building it did not come easy for me in the beginning, but I really didn't know what I was doing. Now I do and what I can offer is:

1. Do not expect immediate success (there is no such thing)
2. Do not expect to make money without having to work hard for it
3. Do your due diligence and research before jumping into any business. Make sure they have been around for at least a few years and are not going to go anywhere
4. Be consistent. Take action daily.
5. Do not expect your upline to build your business for you
6. Do not give up on yourself! This takes a SERIOUS commitment! You are worth it! :)

apple

Those are some great tips, wlrahilly! :)
Mine is to look for inspiration from the most successful from your field.
Look what they are doing and see if you can apply any of it to improve your business.

iebo

You have to have a plan. Put it on paper, and include as many details as you can. How much will your inventory cost, how much will you sell it for. What are your monthly targets. Have as much of it on paper as you can before you start, then once you get going compare your results to your plan.

zararina

Coaching Member
The first advise would be, list all popular or seems to be successful kind of business in the area where you are planning to put up the business. And then, pick the one that you really love doing . It is important that you have the heart for it cause as the previous advise, you can not expect immediate success or immediate profit from it. And of course, consider the capital or your inputs.

beingwell

I have a home business and have been working from home for about 8 years now. I have definitely gone through some serious trial and error while building it. Building it did not come easy for me in the beginning, but I really didn't know what I was doing. Now I do and what I can offer is:

1. Do not expect immediate success (there is no such thing)
2. Do not expect to make money without having to work hard for it
3. Do your due diligence and research before jumping into any business. Make sure they have been around for at least a few years and are not going to go anywhere
4. Be consistent. Take action daily.
5. Do not expect your upline to build your business for you
6. Do not give up on yourself! This takes a SERIOUS commitment! You are worth it! :)
Thanks wlrahilly! I'm very intrigued by your home business. Please share us more. Thanks!
With regards to relying on uplines, I never did when I was still active in a home business of my own. I knew that my time and my efforts are the ones to take ME to success; not theirs nor anyone else's.

lockirawr

This is old school and it works. Have a plan and stick to it. Don't change your plan and make sure when you actually plan your plan. That you do in depth research. Have long term goals and short term goals. Stay within your budget and be careful with risks.

beingwell

This is old school and it works. Have a plan and stick to it. Don't change your plan and make sure when you actually plan your plan. That you do in depth research. Have long term goals and short term goals. Stay within your budget and be careful with risks.
Thanks lock! Yeap, I do believe these are the basics of doing business. I've had my own a few years back. When it got too difficult for me, I opted out. I didn't see my plans through. That's why to anyone who's thinking of going into business, you really have to be determined, disciplined and well-inspired to get results from your investment of both time and money.