Gardening is Healthy

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I love the beauty of plants and this is the reason why I love gardening. With a small lot available at the back of my house, I have a small garden where I grow fast-growing vegetables and some herbs. In front of the house are flowering shrubs constantly regularly cut to their desired heights.

Gardening for sure can contribute a lot to one's health not to mention constant supply of naturally grown foods -- fresh and bountiful.

speedy

Advisor Member
I love Gardening as well. When I was in high school and was still in our house in the province I am the one who maintain our flower, herb and vegetable garden. I am very excited to wake up every morning to watered them. It is a very nice feeling to see the new blooming flowers and vegetable producing crops.

Yes, I agree with you that it will contribute a lot for our health because of its fresh and bountiful food supply. Besides, garden beautifies our house and our surrounding will become lively.

Wow, I missed to be in the farm again. :)

I love the sight of people gardening, and a beautiful garden as well for that matter. But I don't enjoy gardening myself. When I work in a garden I tend to get a rash all over my hands and lower arms, or any place that will touch the flowers and plants. I am not sure what causes this seemingly allergic reaction, but it makes gardening much less appealing to me. I love nature and walking through a forest or park can really relax me. I can see how gardening could have the same effect on people.

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
I'm really impressed with those of you that garden. I really like it, however I did poorly with it many years ago and I think I subconsciously fear trying it again, that I will fail. It's not only the fresh food, but working in the ground just makes me feel closer to the earth and nature. I really should try again, maybe start with something easy that I would enjoy eating. I don't know what, maybe tomatoes, are they pretty straightforward? If I recall, carrots are easy however i'm not a big fan of eating them. I have a big bark area in the backyard, I guess I could use some of that area if I fenced it off from the dog.

I've seen some grow gardens in boxes that sit on the ground rather in the dirt, is that a better approach that using the dirt I have and mixing in mulch? It the benefit better drainage?

radascars

Advisor Member
Gardening can develop and improve your patience and creativity, it can also make your mood good and have a positive perception towards self and other people. That makes gardening healthy.

zararina

Coaching Member
It was also healthy for the environment. I have plants although they are just placed in vases or recycled plastic containers. Gardening could be difficult in the city where space seems to be limited and already asphalted. But for me, i will still keep doing some little gardening even the space is limited.