Friends Are Good Lovers?

AmazingP

Advisor Member
In a man-woman realtionship, it is always best to go with someone whom you know personally and who also know the ins and outs of your personality. In other words, you are not dealing with an strager but a person who is already close to your heart.

I am talking of friends who eventaully get involved with each other and then find themselves facing the altar of marriage. One of the best advices Princess Diana left to his two sons is to marry their best friend. And this is what Prince William did when she married Princess Kate just recently.

Do you think marrying a best friend means that there is more chances for the relationship to really endure up to the last breathe?

Cecil Estrera

Yes it is. The bond between a couple is much more deeper than those who didn't start with friendship before the relationship. And with being together for years, I assume that they already know each other very well which is essential in coping up with each other as soon as they move to the next level -- marriage.

However, there are some that don't succeed once they have engaged in a relationship. Take me for an example.
I fell in love with my best friend before and then realized after that we're better off as friends.

zararina

Coaching Member
I also think that friends or best friends that become couple had already a good start on their married life. They already knew each other well for so long and it will just prove that they do accept each other for who they really are. They know the good and also the bad character of each other and they remain together and become so willing to make each other part of their lives.
Although I could also agree that this will not apply for everyone since there are those who just better to stay as best friends than lovers.

speedy

Advisor Member
Yes, I agree that being friends from the start is good foundation for a good and strong relationship. I agreed with Zararina that it does not apply for everybody because sometimes treatment and feelings changes when they started as bestfriend and turn into lovers. Being married is a higher level of relationship. Deeper commitment and understanding with each other because living in one roof is different than hanging out with your friend in the park, mall, party or anywhere. But in some cases it is good to marry someone who once your friend that completely a stranger.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
Of course, not all friends will eventually end up as lovers or as a married couple. However, this is a very good foundation on which the new relationship can be founded on. And through it all no matter what will happen, there is a friendship on which the couple could depend on. One important aspect is that friends know each other well so the adjustment period is not that long and there are no more huge surprises.

slicing_angel2003

I think that starting a sexual relationship with a friend or best friend is both a good and bad idea. Depending on how the relationship works out it may endanger the friendship. My husband was a very close friend for a number of years, but we honestly started out as "no strings attached" lovers. I eventually found someone else who I wanted a relationship with, and things changed. For over three years my husband and I were just friends, and nothing really changed other than us sleeping with each other. When my relationship ended my husband stepped up and said "Okay lets try this a different way this time." I got lucky and married one of my best friends. We know each other very well and know when to back off if something is wrong. I have seen friends try to enter a relationship that simply ended up hurting everyone involved.

mslicia

It can hurt or help your relationship being friends before lovers. If you are friends and never had feelings for each other until now, that will feel kind of weird in my opinion. Nonetheless, this doesn't say it couldn't work out. Now if you are friends and you intenionally know in the beginning that eventually you will become lovers I think this would be so awesome!! Well, just look at Beyonce and Jay-Z they were friends for a very long time before they got married. Of course, that's marriage and we are talking about friends before lovers, right? LOL, I just think it is so romantic to become friends before lovers. Call me crazy but I guess I'll just be a hopeful romantic!