Fixing my bad posture (Rounded shoulders and APT)

For a long time, I have played computer games and didn't care about the way that I was sitting. Now I have gained bad posture, rounded shoulders, and abdominal pelvic tilt. There is a way to fix it, the only thing is that searching the internet there is a lot of information that you drown in it. I was searching for long but didn't find good answers.
If there is anybody that had one of these problems or both and tell me how did they fix it I would be really grateful! I want to get rid of it once and for all and take a good job of my body overall.

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
I have the same problem and many years of gaming. I know what the correct sitting posture is, however it's very uncomfortable for me to maintain it for very long. I"m guessing there are back exercises to do to help but I haven't looked into it like I should, I've focused more on aerobic exercises.

Aerobic exercises are good as it helps to maintain the natural alignment in the back. However, being aware of your posture can be an issue. What I normally do is switch up how I work or play games. So I'll be conscious in a seated position for about 6 -8 minutes, then when I feel slouchy, I sometimes stand for the same period. What I'm thinking of investing in is a reclinable chair that can go all the way back (this would be mostly for gaming, as in this position your back is not arched.

SarenFitness

Ive had the same problem but from working in IT for far too many years. I start off with great intentions, but then after a couple of hours I find myself hunched up over the desk. So then I tried sitting up straight and trying to keep that posture, but that wasn't working too well either.
Have a go at changing your environment to see if that helps.
Some great info here: http://ergonomictrends.com/creating-perfect-ergonomic-workspace-ultimate-guide/

When I am gaming I find myself in all sorts of strange positions after the first few hours. What I really need to do is put down the controller but that isnt likely to happen.
I suppose I could always do this:

:LOL:

I loved the article, I'm going to try the potion without using a chair back as it forces you to sit upright.