Finding yourself again!

Queue

Coaching Member
Sometimes we can get so caught up in the grind of daily living, that we can lose our way. How can you stay true to yourself while navigating through life?

The one thing that can get you off to a good start is by taking some time out for yourself. Find something that you enjoy doing alone, whether it is stamp collecting, wood craving, putting models together or creating a scrapbook. Spending time on any activity of solitude is like an anchor. It will help you establish personal identity and self- worth apart from others. Knowing yourself as an individual allows you to have a good idea of who you are, either when socializing or just being amongst others.

Who you are as an individual, and who you are with the world around you present different circumstances. These circumstances are the internal and external consciousness.

Self-awareness
Internal consciousness

The internal consciousness involves the fundamental character of a person. These characteristics derive from your emotional responses, preferences, desire, and everything that forms a person's identity. This is your central guidance system.

External consciousness

The external consciousness best describes your response to the surrounding environment. This area of consciousness is an interactive mechanism that helps with navigating the world around us. Here who we are is dependent on the support of one another. The reflection of common factors.

How you interact with the world will continue throughout your life, unless altered.

This behavior will form characteristics of your pattern of social acceptance. Because this is how you learn to function in the world. Your interactions with those around you guide you so that you are able to determine how to obtain what you want or need.

Happiness
With the internal and external awareness aligned, it can be a very efficient navigational tool. For many happiness is seen in the perspective of gratitude. Being able to appreciate and use what is readily available is an invaluable asset. The external consciousness determines your responses when interacting with others. Only the internal part of a person's awareness can determine what their heart truly desires, and how to achieve their goal.

When your external conscious is not stressed about pleasing others, this allows your internal consciousness to guide you. Become in tune with the experience of the moment, in order to gain a sense of what needs to be done. Excess anxiety will only interfere with your decisions and any moves forward.

Acknowledgement of undesirable emotions
Learn to accept feelings of concern when they occur, and then move on by taking positive action. Feelings of anger, sadness, loneliness, and stress appear in everyone's life at different times and with variations. How you handle these emotions will determine your state of mind while shaping your outlook. If you ignore these feelings or become overly critical of yourself for having them, it will make your emotional condition worse.

A good approach is to accept these emotions and replace them with constructive mood builders. By being mindful of how you feel, and what you desire will help your life to be enjoyable while meaningful in conjunction with positive action.

Link: Self-employment & Entrepreneurial outreach

Sarah Carlson

Advisor Member
Find what resonates with you, be aware that while we are simple creatures at heart, our ways of expressing ourselves can be complex.
Each person looks at the world in their own way, it can be a shattered mirror of perception with every mirror shard showing a different reality to who sees it. We may be true to ourselves, and also true to others by being aware they perceive things differently.
It reminds me of the story "Blind Men and the Elephant"

Here is one part that resonates deeply

https://www.allaboutphilosophy.org/blind-men-and-the-elephant.htm
The Fifth, who chanced to touch the ear,
Said- "E'en the blindest man
Can tell what this resembles most;
Deny the fact who can,
This marvel of an Elephant
Is very like a fan!"

The Sixth no sooner had begun
About the beast to grope,
Then, seizing on the swinging tail
That fell within his scope,
"I see," -quoth he,- "the Elephant
Is very like a rope!"
And so these men of Indostan
Disputed loud and long,
Each in his own opinion
Exceeding stiff and strong,
Though each was partly in the right,
And all were in the wrong!

Everyone is right in their own mind, everyone is the hero of their own story.
In the end, life is how we perceive it. It could be happy, it could be sad.
To one person having $100 in the bank means they're broke and should panic. To someone else $100 may be an unattainable fortune and they should be glad. 0 degrees Celsius may feel hot to someone from the Artic, yet cold to someone from the desert.

Whether you love your life or hate your life is in your hands.

Queue

Coaching Member
Find what resonates with you, be aware that while we are simple creatures at heart, our ways of expressing ourselves can be complex.
Each person looks at the world in their own way, it can be a shattered mirror of perception with every mirror shard showing a different reality to who sees it. We may be true to ourselves, and also true to others by being aware they perceive things differently.
It reminds me of the story "Blind Men and the Elephant"

Here is one part that resonates deeply

https://www.allaboutphilosophy.org/blind-men-and-the-elephant.htm
The Fifth, who chanced to touch the ear,
Said- "E'en the blindest man
Can tell what this resembles most;
Deny the fact who can,
This marvel of an Elephant
Is very like a fan!"

The Sixth no sooner had begun
About the beast to grope,
Then, seizing on the swinging tail
That fell within his scope,
"I see," -quoth he,- "the Elephant
Is very like a rope!"
And so these men of Indostan
Disputed loud and long,
Each in his own opinion
Exceeding stiff and strong,
Though each was partly in the right,
And all were in the wrong!

Everyone is right in their own mind, everyone is the hero of their own story.
In the end, life is how we perceive it. It could be happy, it could be sad.
To one person having $100 in the bank means they're broke and should panic. To someone else $100 may be an unattainable fortune and they should be glad. 0 degrees Celsius may feel hot to someone from the Artic, yet cold to someone from the desert.

Whether you love your life or hate your life is in your hands.
I like your take on the complexity of the human outlook and its individual perspective. Reflections depending on the angle project a particular image that presents that particular view, movement around a reflection will broaden your view. Your angle captures the deep dimensions of an impression seen through your perception and presents a broader understanding. I appreciate your reflection, thank you, Sarah

Elhama

Coaching Member
Sometimes we can get so caught up in the grind of daily living, that we can lose our way. How can you stay true to yourself while navigating through life?
Hi Queue,
I like the subject your brought up for discussion "Finding yourself again!" and you are right a person could lose themselves being busy in just living the life as it is. You mentioned self awareness as a way to find oneself again and I agree with you in that. Unless a person knows well themselves, they can not find it. Regarding self awareness, I found a very helpful youtube video talking about one technique that, in my opinion, is very helpful in finding oneself again .

I think that technique makes sure that a person never lose themselves again by keeping in touch with who they really are and what they really are about through investing the first two hours after rising every day in one's own self and own mind. The youtube video is called the "The 21 Day Mental Diet | Brian Tracy" . It includes main things to do repeatedly for 21 days such as:
1- Motivating oneself by reading something inspirational or educational. For example, in my case, I found that a person can find much motivation and inspiration by contacting Allah "God" through prayer and reading Quran "God's book", especially in the first hour of the morning because by having faith in Him, a person can feel powered from His own unlimited power. Although, I found motivational youtube videos and motivational foreign movies very helpful, I think they should be accompanied by having faith, otherwise, they will not be effective enough.
2- Writing down the goals a person wishes to achieve in their life without referring back to the goals a person wrote the day before.
3- Making a list of what they want to achieve at that day.

I think it is very useful to repeat that technique for 21 other days again and again from time to time as much as a person needs in order to stay in touch with themselves and never to lose it. The following link is for that youtube video.

Kind Regards.

Last edited:

Queue

Coaching Member
Hi Queue,
I like the subject your brought up for discussion "Finding yourself again!" and you are right a person could lose themselves being busy in just living the life as it is. You mentioned self awareness as a way to find oneself again and I agree with you in that. Unless a person knows well themselves, they can not find it. Regarding self awareness, I found a very helpful youtube video talking about one technique that, in my opinion, is very helpful in finding oneself again .

I think that technique makes sure that a person never lose themselves again by keeping in touch with who they really are and what they really are about through investing the first two hours after rising every day in one's own self and own mind. The youtube video is called the "The 21 Day Mental Diet | Brian Tracy" . It includes main things to do repeatedly for 21 days such as:
1- Motivating oneself by reading something inspirational or educational. For example, in my case, I found that a person can find much motivation and inspiration by contacting Allah "God" through prayer and reading Quran "God's book", especially in the first hour of the morning because by having faith in Him, a person can feel powered from His own unlimited power. Although, I found motivational youtube videos and motivational foreign movies very helpful, I think they should be accompanied by having faith, otherwise, they will not be effective enough.
2- Writing down the goals a person wishes to achieve in their life without referring back to the goals a person wrote the day before.
3- Making a list of what they want to achieve at that day.

I think it is very useful to repeat that technique for 21 other days again and again from time to time as much as a person needs in order to stay in touch with themselves and never to lose it. The following link is for that youtube video.

Kind Regards.
Hi, Elhama, Thank you for sharing your thoughts on my post. You make some very valid points, I too believe that God is the most important inspiration of the day! Also, I appreciate the video, I'm always looking for ways to broaden my perspective, and remain mindful. The reason for the post was that I recently asked about this subject, and decided to post it. I will also pass this video that you shared with others who might find it useful, it's much appreciated!

Cordially yours,
Queue

Elhama

Coaching Member
Hi Queue,
You welcome and I am glad that sharing that video was helpful. I think, looking to ways to broaden one's perspective as you do, is in itself a mindful act and I wish you good luck in that. You know what .. Once, I heard that if you share an apple with someone, each of the two of you, will have only a half of an apple but when you share an idea with someone, each of the two of you will have two ideas. I agree with it. I mean if not in the beginning, then at least eventually, that will most probably happen. I think sharing a positive idea, generates in the minds more of positive ideas. I think also, that is what makes this forum with all its divisions is so valuable.
Kind Regards

Last edited:

Queue

Coaching Member
Hi Queue,
You welcome and I am glad that sharing that video was helpful. I think, looking to ways to broaden one's perspective as you do, is in itself a mindful act and I wish you good luck in that. You know what .. Once, I heard that if you share an apple with someone, each of the two of you, will have only a half of an apple but when you share an idea with someone, each of the two of you will have two ideas. I agree with it. I mean if not in the beginning, then at least eventually, that will most probably happen. I think sharing a positive idea, generates in the minds more of positive ideas. I think also, that is what makes this forum with all its divisions is so valuable.
Kind Regards
I agree, a very effective way of looking at things!

ang.necole11

Coaching Member
Very thorough post.

Meditation is one of the things that keep me grounded. Even if my world is (appears to be) in shambles, when I connect to my breath it reminds me that nothing else besides that moment matters. You're right about finding a hobby or activity. I love Spirituality and personal growth. It gives me so much life so I started blogging my ideas. I start my morning off doing this and it just fuels my day!!

Queue

Coaching Member
Very thorough post.

Meditation is one of the things that keep me grounded. Even if my world is (appears to be) in shambles, when I connect to my breath it reminds me that nothing else besides that moment matters. You're right about finding a hobby or activity. I love Spirituality and personal growth. It gives me so much life so I started blogging my ideas. I start my morning off doing this and it just fuels my day!!
That makes two of us, I also love spirituality and personal growth. Thank you for your response, it means a lot to me that there are others who appreciate the importance of these concepts.