Filming Your Kids and Uploading Them To The Internet

Dreek Lass

I have always had somewhat of a problem with parents doing this. In the days when I still used facebook, I had a lot of high school friends that had gotten pregnant shortly after leaving high school/secondary school.

They would ALL upload videos of their children and put up pictures of them all over the internet, and I really didn't like it. Firstly, the child cannot consent to their picture being up online, and secondly there are pedophiles everywhere, looking to hook up with young children. In fact, did you hear about the sex ring out in Florida that recently got busted? Just awful.

I mean, someone on your Facebook friends list could be watching your profile for the pictures that you put up of your child, and plotting out something, because if they are a friend then they most likely know where you live and a part of your routine.

If I ever have kids, I will not be putting them online.

How do you feel about this?

pafjlh

I'm not sure I like the idea of putting kids online as well. Especially very young kids who have no consent in the matter. The world can be a very dangerous place, and what's out there on the Internet is the world in general. I would also tell my children that they needed to be careful what they posted online and when they were in chat rooms or social media. Its one thing to want to go to these places, but you need to understand that not everyone you hook up with out there is trustworthy. Its funny but I have to wonder parents are told to talk to their kids about drugs and sex, we even see PSA's on these matters. But I think parents should also talk to their kids about the Internet before they are allowed to log on. This is another conversation that should take place between parents and their children.

Dreek Lass

I'm not sure I like the idea of putting kids online as well. Especially very young kids who have no consent in the matter. The world can be a very dangerous place, and what's out there on the Internet is the world in general. I would also tell my children that they needed to be careful what they posted online and when they were in chat rooms or social media. Its one thing to want to go to these places, but you need to understand that not everyone you hook up with out there is trustworthy. Its funny but I have to wonder parents are told to talk to their kids about drugs and sex, we even see PSA's on these matters. But I think parents should also talk to their kids about the Internet before they are allowed to log on. This is another conversation that should take place between parents and their children.

Well a lot of people that I speak to about this, do not seem to be able to see what the big deal is. As long as there are not pictures of the child with no clothes on, or in the bath, then they think that it is ok for these children to be all over the internet, which I have to disagree with. One person even said that parents make choices for their kids all of the time, without their consent, so why would and should this be any different? Even those on your friend's list are people that you have to watch. We never know who is a pedophile and who is not a lot of the time. the stereotype that pedophiles are just perverted old men, is not true. Ages range from 18 to 56, and women are also capable of this. But they tend to go after children that they know already whereas men will just go over to a stranger's house to have sex with a child.

I mean, I just wouldn't like to think that anybody was looking at pictures of my children and thinking anything sexual. The thought makes me feel really sick.