Falling in love with a man who is incarcerated.

WitchyWoman

I am curious to know your views on this subject? Is this a situation you could see yourself in? I have a friend who is married to her husband who has been incarcerated since the early 90's. His release date is not until 2019. They have been together since the age of 14. Also have three kids together who are now grown. She seems to be content and happy.

Henry Mukuti

Advisor Member
Well my opinion is is she is content and happy with the man. Thats all that matters. I would encourage her to continue.

Henry Mukuti

Advisor Member
Well my opinion is if she is content and happy with the man. Thats all that matters. I would encourage her to continue.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
Love can move mountains and can make impossible very possible. I see no problem with this situation because both of them are very much aware of the situation and the fact hey know each other since they were teenager could add more veracity to their relationship. It is must a genuine love for each other or they won't last that long under very difficult circumstances. I salute these people.

Cecil Estrera

Well, a love like this can be possible. Wait, is there anything impossible with love? I see nothing wrong with this situation though I cannot imagine myself being on it. I believe that as long one is happy and content with a relationship then nothing would really matter to them. I am just inspired with this couple. Maybe this is what you can truly call "true love".

zararina

Coaching Member
It is better to stay with a man who loves you despite of his any condition than staying with a perfect man who does not love you at all. :)
She is happy and contented and so I think there should be no problem with their relationship. And their children are happy too not having a broken family.

fancyfingers

I am curious to know your views on this subject? Is this a situation you could see yourself in? I have a friend who is married to her husband who has been incarcerated since the early 90's. His release date is not until 2019. They have been together since the age of 14. Also have three kids together who are now grown. She seems to be content and happy.
If I was with the man, then he was incarcerated, that is one thing, but fall in love with someone that is already incarcerated and I didn't know them until I joined a pen pal program, no, it wouldn't happen. I would say, this falls under 'for better or for worse' of the marriage vows.

IVY CULLENS

I fell in love, and he went away. It's the true Romeo and Juliet story. Although it is on different terms that's what their love feels like right now, I know... Because I have lived it. She lives through the visits and so does he. It's fine for the moment... But when he comes home the fairy tale ends. It's now a normal marriage but normally with alot more baggage. You left me... Why? Why wasn't I important enough for you to stay clean? Why wasn't I enough for you to not steal, rob, kill whatever the situation was. (Murder wasn't my personal situation) But it always carries the why? It also carries do you have a good job, and are you willing to support him? Because chances are with serious prison time behind him he won't be able to get a good job. Will most relationships work. Absolutely not. But, if her heart is there with him, if she is willing to live with his bad choices for the rest of her life then go for it. If he is the one she can't sleep, eat, live without then I say stay right where she is.

susansboneyard

What was he incarcerated for? The husband of a relative of mine was a state correctional officer who was convicted of raping multiple inmates. Unbelievably, she is waiting for him. He has served five of his seven years. Every weekend she travels five hours to visit him. When he gets out, he'll be lucky to get a job, so she'll be supporting him. I keep it to myself, but I think she is cheating herself out of the life she deserves.

Mon-Jes

It sounds like they were married before he was put in prison, so it's up to her if she wants to stay married to him as long as she can deal with whatever he did. Susansboneyard's post being an example--that's one dude that does not deserve a happy marriage. But if the husband in the OP had done something minor, then it's up to his wife if she wants to stay.