escaping home stress by work stress

Jerry

Not a bad post at all. Actually I'm glad you posted it because I recently saw a video you might be able to relate to and gain a lot from. Its a video from Steve Pavlina about living an abundance lifestyle. He talked a lot about when he was struggling financially and in heavy debt he this is basically how he dealt with it. Oh and especially pay attention to the part where he talks about keeping his mind off the aspects of his life that he didn't enjoy and started focusing on what he did enjoy in life.

I hope this helps you with your situation. Let me know what you think about the video.

matthewebbert

where he talks about keeping his mind off the aspects of his life that he didn't enjoy and started focusing on what he did enjoy in life.
That's the best one.. nice video.. very informative on how to handle situations..

Dreek Lass

In my opinion, there is nothing more stressful than work. The entire structure of work is stressful to an for me - the prospect of knowing that I HAVE to go and if I don't I won't eat, the getting up in the morning, the being taxed once I am paid, the stress of the job itself, having to see and talk to people and laugh at their lame jokes when they are in the least bit funny. it is all stressful for me.

I would rather be at home over work every time, no exceptions, not matter how stressful home life is. But I am aware of the fact that some men and women will book overtime just so that they do not have to go home to a stressful household at the end of the day. That is pretty upsetting.

selfmade

I don't think it's unusual to "escape" into work when things are stressful at home. I've certainly done that before, especially when I was living at home and couldn't get my own place, yet. It was a stress-reliever to go to work! Work is often a place where we can see our productivity plainly - which feels good! I hope your medical issues get straightened out, live4it.

zararina

Coaching Member
It was right that stresses from home could be heavier or more affecting than stresses at work.
I wish you well and hope those stresses especially your home stresses are solved. It is really great to enjoy being at home in the company of your family or beloved.

Dreek Lass

I dont think so work is stressful, if you love your work then i think you can do it without stress..

I disagree. This is how work works, even if you love whatever it is that you do at work; you HAVE to work, and if you don't you won't have any money to support yourself. THAT in and of itself is a very stressful notion, and it happens to all of us every day, and we just go along with it. Secondly, I love producing music and writing. There is NOTHING in the world that satisfy me like writing or making music, but I could never imagine doing it all day every day, knowing that if I didn't I would not be able to eat, clothe, or bathe myself. All of those things, and more things are stressful about work for me. That doesn't mean that they are stressful for you. But it doesn't matter how stressed I am at home, at least I am getting away from work, and that is a relief in and of itself.