Eating Out or Home Cooked Meal

Dorothy

When it comes to a choice of eating out or home cooked meal, I would much rather have a good home cooked meal. To me it is a lot better for you and may even be less expensive I think. Of course home cooking is also more healthy for you most of the time I think, not to mention very good and fresh.

What about you, which would you rather have?

A

artistry

Home cooked meals should be healthier for you. You know what you are eating and you can make sure they are balanced. If you are able to prepare the meals, tou do yourself well.

pafjlh

I would have to say that I also would prefer a home cook meal. At least when you cook the meal yourself, or know the person who cooked it you know exactly what you are eating. Therefore it would be more healthy for you and would be made more toward your dietary needs. I am not oppose to eating out but given the choice over all I do prefer to eat at home, that way I have more control over my food in general.

selfmade

I love to eat out and if I had the money I would probably eat out once a day. As far a healthy food goes, eating in does give your an element of control but you can find healthy foods in restaurants, too. I eat in more, mainly to save money.

digitalbrew

We are blessed with a great house cook so eating at home is perfectly fine. At lunch time, we usually have vegetables. Night time is for more meatier menus. Breakfast is often heavy with carbs and eggs.

I usually eat outside once in 2 weeks since this the only time I prefer leaving the house. I love KFC, Wendy's and Dairy Queen which means I do splurge but that's the only time I do so.:p

Dreek Lass

Depending on whether you buy healthy food to stack your cupboards with or not, eating out may or may not be healthier lol. But for the most part I agree with the notion that it is healthier to eat at home. You know the level of hygiene, which you are blind to when you eat out and put things in the hands of others. Also, you see the entire process of how something is cooked is you or a member of family cook it right in front of you.

At a restaurant, I know that certain foods have been accidentally or purposely dropped on the floor and then placed straight back on a customer's plate again.

nonoyyh

I often eat home made meal as my mother prefer to cook for us. Indeed, home made meal is more healthy as mother uses fresh and quality ingredient. However, we still eat out sometimes when mother is lazy to cook and we want to try something different.

pipps

I loved my home cooked meals because we always try and cook something tasty, no matter what the budget is. So I know I can always looks forward to something delicious at the end of the day.

However, I also love going out for a meal and I would do it more often if I could afford to do so.

MyDigitalpoint

Advisor Member
Sometimes I feel cravings to go eating out, but when I remember how much it may cost, I prefer to stay at home and enjoy home cooked meal, which is not really a sacrifice because I love cooking and like what I do :)

Gina33

I would like to have a home cooked meal. It takes more effort, but if you do your research you can make healthy and tasty meals. I know that eating out is easier and take less work, but sometimes to improve the self we have to do the extra work that is involved. When you hand over your diet to eating out, you are playing a risky game with your own health. I have been paying more attention to what is in our food, and what we don't realize is in our food, and realized the importance of a home cooked meal.

Tumbleweed

I know that having a home cooked meal is usually much healthier, and i have control of the quality of the food that goes into the meal. I do like to eat healthy foods, so most of the time I buy and prepare things that are not only good tasting, but nutritious as well.
That being said, sometimes it is just very nice to sit down in a restaurant with a friend, or my family, and enjoy a delicious meal and good conversation, with no work of preparation or cleanup afterwards.
So, for me, it is a mixture of both, but mainly eating t home, so there will be a little money left over to be able to enjoy those occasional meals out.

RoseThurst

I hate to cook. I can't stand it. However I am not doing so well financially right now (one of the areas I am trying to improve myself in). So I NEED to cook, because "stick in a microwave" meals or going to a restaurant isn't an option. Afterall,
Depending on whether you buy healthy food to stack your cupboards with or not, eating out may or may not be healthier lol.

I've found that making a lot of the same thing over and over again mellows me out. I don't always need to have some new and amazing thing each night- just cooking a full meal is impressive.

That said, my boyfriend has been great and has been cooking healthy meals for me the past month. He makes me join him in the kitchen, so I can learn more about cooking and therefore not be so frustrated with the process.

farja

I guess i prefer home cooking as well but sometimes its fun to eat out and relax. I like home cooked meals because i know what goes in it and i feel they are healthier. Cooking meals at home doesn't always have to be time consuming as well as many quick recipes also exist which are really yummy... :). Sometimes cooking together with family can also be a good way to spend time and relax a little.

lilylovees

I love a good home cooked meal! They taste a lot better than most restaurants and fast food places and they are healthier for you and your wallet. But I will admit, I am not the best chef. Sometimes a dinner out tastes better than any meal I try to make! :) I think it depends on who is making the dish to really say which is better.

blueberryc

I love to eat out from time to time but really prefer good home cooked meals. Nothing better than coming to sit with family with a nice home cooked meal.

Priya32325

Home cooked food will always be the winner because its hygienic and cooked in small quantity so more nutritious too. Needless to mention that its cooked with much love make it all the more worth. Having said that, once a month eating out won't hurt.It's a good idea to hang out with your family or friends and enjoy once in a while and you don't have to worry about chopping and cooking :).

flad264

I like to eat at home because one time I went on an eating out spree and I must say that it was very expensive. Eating out is good on occasion but lately I have been trying to do my best to cook home meals and enjoy them with my fiance because I honestly believe that home cooked meals are more healthier because I actually know how my food is being prepared.