Don't focus TOO much on your goals

Jessi

“Staying focused on our goals detracts from the inherent pleasures of the activities we need to pursue to achieve those goals.”
Taken from this post over on The 99% by Christian Jarret on how focusing on your goals too much is actually counter productive. And that when you revel in the process you’re more likely to make it to the finishing line.

I can see the point to that statement. Goals are important but we can overlook a lot of great things if that is all we think about. And sometimes we realize that we need to adjust or goals or take some different paths to reaching our goals.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I think this is somehow connected to the fact that success is more of a journey rather than a destination. We have to enjoy the journey and not really focusing only on the goals. And this is what life is all about. :)

Conrad Drake

Tony robbins said something like Affirmations without action is just wishful thinking which I think is really true. I do think that goals are important but they have to accompanied by a serious plan of action which is consistently acted upon. People who are constantly taking action create opportunities for themselves. If you only plan you will never see results in the actual world.