Domestic Violence: A Virus

AmazingP

Advisor Member
One of the most pressing issues affecting women is domestic violence. And this is quite true in almost all parts of the globe. Only a few countries can claim to be free of this virus.

I could not really fathom why some men could ever deliver a literal blackeye to these women to whom they promise to love and care in front of their God. Is marriage just really a ceremony and has lost an essence -- at least for these men?

On the other hand, though this is not so easy to do, women who are victim of domestic violence should stand up and claim their own rights. We already have so many laws to defend these victims and to prosecute erring husbands.

Cecil Estrera

I have been a mute witness to this when I was young. My parents would always fight and hurt each other as if they want to end it with murder. And I will not definitely let it happen in my own family now. If ever my husband would resort to hurting me then I guess I'll just have to leave him and move on. So far, my husband and I are not having serious fights and problems are immediately solved. Thanks to God.

zararina

Coaching Member
It was a sad fact that despite all those rights specially made for women, they are still so many abused women in the society. And just like domestic violence, some women will just keep it for themselves just to survive are relationship or for their children. But this kind of violence should not be tolerated since their silence could just lead to more abusive incidents in their own home. Better if those abused women knows that they are branches in the community that are very willing to help. They just need to inform authorities.

WitchyWoman

Domestic violence I grew up with it in my home. I must say I am very blessed to have a husband who would never lay his hands on me. I do feel these women who are in these situations are scared and feel they have no way out. If I could say one thing to someone in this situation it would be get out!

clauemi

I agree that victims should stand up for themselves and get away from the violence but that's easier said than done. I myself was a victim when I was married to my ex and many times I thought about leaving. At one point I started planning my escape but since I did not have a job or any family close to me I had no place to go and then realized that my city did not have many resources for victims of abuse. I was also very afraid to go to authorities because I thought they would not believe me, then I felt ashamed that my parents would find out.

Then there was a part of me that felt guilty and sorry for my ex husband because I felt like I was abandoning him. He has some serious issues that I somehow thought I could help him with. I did finally leave him after I had my kids but it took a lot of guts on my part. So I can say from own experience that it's not easy living with abuse nor escaping it.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I have been a mute witness to this when I was young. My parents would always fight and hurt each other as if they want to end it with murder. And I will not definitely let it happen in my own family now. If ever my husband would resort to hurting me then I guess I'll just have to leave him and move on. So far, my husband and I are not having serious fights and problems are immediately solved. Thanks to God.
I always sympathize with those children who will forever be psychologically affected by domestic violence. Children under a violent home will always look at those fighting episodes to be scary and terribly shaking. Why? It is because children area punctually looking for the parents to provide them stability and foundation and when they can sense that they are leaning over those shaky structures they can get lost emotionally.

I am really thankful that my aprents were responsibile enough never to spar either physically or verbally and instead just settled their differences peacefully even wihout us getting aware of any friction between them.

Parents should be good examples and never provide emotional scars for their children! :D :D