Doing One Positive Thing Daily

artemis

I am trying to come up with a plan to improve myself and the way I approach the world and get things accomplished. My biggest problem is when I get into this moods and get a bit manic about it, I tend to overwhelm myself with too much at once and then it all falls down on me.

I just had this thought about trying to improve or accomplish one positive thing daily. Something I can point to and say, "That made me a better person and made me feel better about myself."

Believe it or not I do not always have those thoughts every single day. I will try to keep you all updated on how it is working. Also any encouragement would be great!

AmazingP

Advisor Member
"I just had this thought about trying to improve or accomplish one positive thing daily. Something I can point to and say, "That made me a better person and made me feel better about myself."

I think this is the right approach that you should be implementing. Rather than concentrate your energy on how big the goal is you should instead dissect and make little goals that you can accomplish daily. Doing something positive a day no matter how small is a great motivator and a great technique for you not to give up. You could eat a whole elephant by chipping away one slice at a time. I am wishing you more power and greater wisdom to guide you everyday!

nmhalverson

I think this is a great idea! It's also something that I've tried to implement in my life as well. I think being positive is much more easy when you are conscious of the fact that you are trying. With trying and making an effort, you'll soon learn that you start doing more and more throughout the day with ease and enjoyment. It's as simple as letting someone over when you're driving or opening the door for someone when you could easily chosen not to wait. Please do let us know your progress.

zararina

Coaching Member
It was a very good idea to do positive things daily. And eventually it will just come natural to your personality. It was nice to know there are really people who would want to become a better person. I am also tying to be more positive thinker since it could help me become more inspired or motivated towards my goals in life. It could also help us avoid being too stressed.

bright_light

I'm sure you're already doing it but you just don't recognize them. There are little things in life that make other people happy. A mild tap on the shoulder of a worried friend is just but a little act, but it will reassure him or her that you are there. Saying "thank you" to whoever pleased you on a certain day is another. Offering a ride to your neighbor could make you feel great. There are a lot of little things that really count, you only need to recognize them.

Cecil Estrera

I agree to everybody here that this is one great idea everybody should implement. Which makes me think of how I am going to do this on my own. I think this will be a very fulfilling activity to anyone since this will attract positive vibes. I think I will try this out for myself and see what I can do for others and for my family.

WitchyWoman

I do feel this is a wonderful idea. Simple enough so you do not become overwhelmed. Nice idea to do something positive for yourself and others. The world would be a much better place if we all implemented this into our daily life. I am making a promise to myself that from this day forward, I will implement this wonderful idea into my daily life.

yurithebest1

One good thing that i almost do in a daily basis is praying, it really relaxes me and makes me feel very good, because when i usually pray i feel positive and all what i want to do are just good things.

So praying is a very good way that help people feel very good about themselves everyday.

WitchyWoman

I agree with you praying is something positive you can do for yourself and others. What a wonderful way to acknowledge others and keep them in your thoughts. And there is something about prayer that makes the ones you’re praying for feel special. This is such a wonderful discussion I would love to hear more thoughts from other members!

MariaM

I find that reminding myself of all the great things in my life -- my child, the roof over my head, the car that still drives despite being desperate for a tuneup -- lift my mood when it begins to sink. I don't try to forget the things I wish were better; I continue to look for ways to improve conditions. But the gratitude I feel for the gifts I have keeps my perspective balanced. It also makes me compassionate towards other people's sufferings. Gratitude is the best antidote I know to the occasional blues.