Does the Law of attraction create feelings of lack?

J E Roberson

Senior Advisor
Do me a favor mentally marinate on the words "law of attraction".

How do you feel and what comes up. I find its a big contrast depending on if it is or isn't creating ideal circumstances in your daily life. Although the act of creating has many facets attraction has seem to take the forefront. After spending time focused on deliberate creation and studying creation I have no doubt it does what it is intend to do rather you believe it or not.

This morning I tried to interchange the phase Law of attraction when my meaning was law of creation. I instantly felt a shift of lack and thought is it possible just like I felt people are discourage thinking the law of attraction indicates you have to get things from other people who are hoarding them? Do you feel lack and the need to get after others to get the goods?

The law of attraction is just a portion of the creation process on the physical plane. Underlying all of these Earth principles are beliefs.

I hope this helps you examine your own creation beliefs. Please let me know what you think about the verbiage attraction as oppose to creation. They are often miscellaneously switched. So whats your feelings on this?

tomasoberg

After "the secret" everyone has gone nuts about "the law of attraction".
If people actually read books instead they would know its not anything ground breaking new.

The first thing that pops in my mind with law of attraction is people who think they can think there way into a healthy life, money , success or whatever they want.

Just by thinking about it and often they say: Yea you know about law of attraction, I will wait for it to come to me. I believe in that.

They have forgot the most important part "creation / decision / action" times that with "the law of attractioN" thinking its powerful but "law of attraction thinking by itself" it dosnt make a s**t.

But "creation/decision/action" makes something and hopefully you will always learn from it even if you f-up badly.

allanrsm

Coaching Member
I hope this helps you examine your own creation beliefs. Please let me know what you think about the verbiage [I said:
attraction[/I] as oppose to creation. They are often miscellaneously switched. So whats your feelings on this?
I prefer the concept of creation, as this gives the responsibility back to the goal setter. Wallace D Wattles referenced this concept in The Science of Getting Rich and it is extremely valid when understood in the following principals:
  • We have to create the image of our goals and apply this to our thought process
  • We have to create what we want as it is coming from formless substance and not someone else
  • We have to create, everyday, an opportunity to receive what we have imaged through thinking and acting in the certain way.
The Law of Attraction tends to create a "lazy" perspective where people think of something then sit back and expect the image to fall into their laps...where as creation gives responsibility back to pay the price of positive thought and effort.

J E Roberson

Senior Advisor
Thats makes great sense @allanrsm. Wallace Wattles calls that 3 step process doing things in "THE CERTAIN WAY". I have found great success in that and use it as a foundation to create transformations in clients.

I agree with both you and @tomasoberg about the laziness that the LOA can create. I believe the LOA is part of the law of creation however just a small piece.
Thanks for responding guys.

I agree Tomasoberg, just thinking about things you want and hoping they'll come to won't work without action. I find the best idea is to work out exactly what you want and create a daily action plan to get you there. You also need to believe your goal is possible, and keep an optimistic outlook. People fail with the law of attraction by focusing on what they don't want, spending time worrying about what will happen if...

After "the secret" everyone has gone nuts about "the law of attraction".
If people actually read books instead they would know its not anything ground breaking new.

The first thing that pops in my mind with law of attraction is people who think they can think there way into a healthy life, money , success or whatever they want.

Just by thinking about it and often they say: Yea you know about law of attraction, I will wait for it to come to me. I believe in that.

They have forgot the most important part "creation / decision / action" times that with "the law of attractioN" thinking its powerful but "law of attraction thinking by itself" it dosnt make a s**t.

But "creation/decision/action" makes something and hopefully you will always learn from it even if you f-up badly.

J E Roberson

Senior Advisor
Hi, thank you for the response. I'm curious what role does the LOA play in your goal getting strategy where does it fit in or does it?
I find the best idea is to work out exactly what you want and create a daily action plan to get you there. You also need to believe your goal is possible, and keep an optimistic outlook.