Do You Prefer E-books over Books?

Todd Hicks

Senior Advisor
I prefer to read paperback and hard cover books due to their physical feel but e-books are easy to afford, easy to download and good for the environment plus they enable anyone to easily make extra money from writing and self publishing them.

Dan_Bukowski

Advisor Member
I prefer reading on the Kindle App. I don't have to wait for Amazon to ship my books even with prime. I can read in the dark with the backlit pages and I can store my full download library in the cloud. A nice lean option.

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
Only the Kindle for me as well, unless the book I want to read is not available that way. I never know what I may be in the mood to read and it's all right there on my tablet and my smartphone. The instant gratification of delivery with no shipping costs is a big plus too. Another factor for me is when the local book store closed down years ago, and the nearest one is a long drive. I do kind of miss the feel of a real book but I don't miss the clutter of books I've finished filling up bookshelves.

Dan_Bukowski

Advisor Member
Ah yes. I do not miss adding to the clutter of the bookshelves and the need to purge titles. But they are always good to share or trade with others.

GJGreyling

Coaching Member
I read both hard cover books and eBooks. I like the convenience of eBooks because they don’t take up space; they are cheaper and are more transportable. Although some books you just have to have in hardcover form because they are such classics and are almost a ‘collector’s’ item.

My favourite authors at the moment are Robert Kiyosaki and Tony Robbins.

G.I. Glen

For books that are timeless masterpieces like those of Jim Rohn and Robert Kiyosaki, I prefer the hardbound or paperback. As for newer books that always have latest editions I prefer ebooks.

Erica Faith

Coaching Member
I always carry a paperback with me wherever I go. Mostly I read during breaks or whenever I'm waiting for the kids.

But yes, I prefer a lit screen during night time.

thedigger0

Good question. I am on the computer all day with work, so when I read I like to relax. I relate technical devices as work related, so I have not entertained the idea of an e-book. I feel a connection with the paper back. I see everyone using them, but I just don't think I would find it relaxing.

Ethanbridges

Advisor Member
Real, physical books for me, always has been. Although I have a feeling I'll be giving ebooks a shot soon.

TheGrandAdmiral

I prefer eBooks. They are more versatile, and depending on which platform and app that I use, I feel more comfortable highlighting, writing notes, and cross-referencing; I don't like writing in real books. I feel like I can read faster on a tablet screen too.

Marlena

Advisor Member
I prefer normal books. I prefer to read a paper book and then have it on my shelf rather than have the file on my disk. It just feels nicer :)

Lisa Moore

In my case i personally like to read books than ebooks. Why? I feel like book is something like eye-friendly in the sense i dont need to use a gadget, or the lights of the gadget that could affect my eyesight. =)

cooper

I prefer reading an actual book.Nothing beats holding an actual book in your hand.I only prefer ebooks while travelling.

Audio book! So I can listen at the gym, on my way to work etc.
A bit out of the topic, but I barely read a real book so xD