Do You Prefer E-books over Books?

IsabelleChan

Well, I love both. I probably would choose traditional books a couple of months ago, but now, I'd say E-books do me a great favor too. I've always enjoyed the thrill of running my fingers through the pages and taking in the scent of book. It's also a great feeling to take out my book and read it in the car when I'm free. E-books is all about convenience and money-saving. There are times when I don't want to visit the library or the book that I want to read is not worthy enough to spend any actual money on. That's when I'd turn to E-books. I had recently downloaded Fifty Shades of Grey and is having a great time with my pdf version.

bneil

Well, as we can see, e-books are much convenient as it is easier to carry with us, as it is just a file on our PC or laptop than the books which were big and stout ones, I prefer ebooks but I still love reading the old books I got here on the shelves.

pafjlh

I read actual books, but I know that physical books could very well be on the way. E-Books are becoming more and more popular. Books are now being published only in E-Book forms (Hunger Games for example) and it does make sense when you stop to think about it that literature would be going this route. After all in E-Book form hundreds of books can be downloaded onto one electrical device while shelf space would need to be found for the same amount of books in physical form. So when you think about it the practicality of E-Books is definitely there.

Jessi

At this point, I don't really read either one. Oops. In general, though, I still like the feel or real books....but I much prefer the convenience of e-books. It's so much easier to have a huge collection at the tip of my fingers.

bneil

At this point, I don't really read either one. Oops. In general, though, I still like the feel or real books....but I much prefer the convenience of e-books. It's so much easier to have a huge collection at the tip of my fingers.
That's true, also the scent of old books could really make you remember past things that have occured, especially if you have kept books you have used throughout your life, or your studies.

Spiral

Since I've got a 7" tablet I prefer to read on the tablet. The form factor is very comfortable and I can easily check internet for new concepts etc. For magazines, I prefer the full size, color, paper format.

bneil

Since I've got a 7" tablet I prefer to read on the tablet. The form factor is very comfortable and I can easily check internet for new concepts etc. For magazines, I prefer the full size, color, paper format.
I am still reading my ebooks on my PC, I also do hope I could get my hands on a tab for myself.

A

artistry

I like regular hard cover books, I do not want to read on kindles. Many people love them. I like books on shelves.

YoungAce

For stuff that I want instantly (and probably won't read too many times), I like ebooks.

However, I don't think that any ebook could replace a real book for me. I love reading novels in my increasingly diminishing spare time.

Forrester080

I would love to bring a book to a cafe on Sunday and enjoy my free time. However I would recommend an e-reader since you can carry more books at the same time with the same weight. I don't encourage reading book at night whether it's a book or an e-reader, they just simply harm your eyes reading at this time of day.

ClutterMind

I'm fine with both, really, in terms of comfort in reading. Reading an ebook to me is the same as reading a physical book.

The difference for me though, and why I still prefer physical books, comes from the feeling of holding a physical book in your hands, turning the pages, smelling the smell of a good book, stuff like that. I also enjoy going to a bookstore myself. It all adds to the experience in my opinion.

RoseThurst

If you enjoy reading, do you prefer reading an actual book or reading on an electronic e-reader, and why your preference? Also, who are some of your favorite authors?

Myself, I read both books and from an e-reader. I like reading books while I'm in the pool or tub, and enjoy the e-reader at night (because of its lit screen). Lately, I have been reading books from Fannie Flagg and a few autobiographies from various people.
I also love to read in the tub. I read a lot on my phone (fanfiction), simply because it is easy to do on a crowded bus and doesn't take up much room.

I think there are positives and negatives to both. I get a headache must faster reading from my computer screen or cell phone (I know e readers don't have as bright displays), but I can easily scroll through if I lose my place. If I am on the computer I can search for specific words.

But nothing really beats the smell of a book.

farja

It depends on my mood and the time. I prefer ebooks sometimes because they are easier to access and offer greater variety. Although other times i just need the feel of a paper/hardback in my hands.

Its also easier on eye to read from an actual book rather than staring at the screen for a long time.

blueberryc

I never thought I would like ebooks til I got my kindle. Now I love them. I read everynight before bed and have downloaded many books.

Great question. Up until recently I have always enjoyed reading physical books, however due to re-locating to a different country and selling all my books and giving them away I am noticing that e books on the kindle on the computer is far easier to keep and read.

Jason Surmillon

Coaching Member
I love eBooks because I bring my Ipad/Iphone everywhere and its conveniently all stored. BUT, I do love tangible books so I can highlight, write notes, and put stickies in them. I know you can do the same with eBooks, but having a hard copy is easier to go back to for references.