Do You Listen To Your Pastor/Priest

beingwell

Have you personally asked advise from your sector's pastor or the church's head priest? Do you follow their advise?

Personally, I haven't spoken directly to our priests, other than during confession. I do what I know is right, and for me that's enough.

You?

radascars

Advisor Member
I personally talked to several priest before and question my faith to God, they gave really good advises. My mother have a friend who always visit us here and do some bible study when I was in my high school days I've been active as a Catholic but after some time questioning about my faith I've been into several confusions and I also converted to other religion due to my ex-girlfriend but later on it didn't work out.

zararina

Coaching Member
Like you, i have never ask for advise from a priest personally. I do listen to them during sermons in the church and been reflecting on their examples and explanations on certain topics or issues that they had for that certain mass. ;)

radascars

Advisor Member
Asking some advises from Priest is one of the best thing to do as they will open up your mind for the consequences of your actions and for your future that's what I perceived them as I talked to them a lot when I was just a kid that time. But for some reasons there are also some Priests that will take advantage of some. :(

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I grew up as a Catholic and even graduated from a Catholic school but I had never tried talking to the priest or any religious figure for that matter. You know why? It is because I later learned that these people are not the most authoritative when it comes to religious matters and life concerns. Their views are very much dogmatic and not creative enough for me. Sorry to say this.

radascars

Advisor Member
I grew up as a Catholic and even graduated from a Catholic school but I had never tried talking to the priest or any religious figure for that matter. You know why? It is because I later learned that these people are not the most authoritative when it comes to religious matters and life concerns. Their views are very much dogmatic and not creative enough for me. Sorry to say this.
That's what I realized too after having conversation with several Priests before, I agree with you as for their views are very expressively pure opinion and they tend to make it as a fact. I am not against with their teachings but I don't really believe all of them. :(

vest007

I would consider myself religious, but I am extremely lazy when it comes to visiting the place of worship. I visit my church only 2-3 times in a year. My work schedule is very hectic and I can't find enough time to visit religious places.

speedy

Advisor Member
I worked and lived in the church for how many years together with my Pastor and his family. They are good to me and they treated me like their child. Yes, I do seek advice from my Pastor but most of the time I talked with my Pastor's wife. Like in a herd, our Pastor is our shepherd and we are the sheep. God give them the task to look after His people especially when people need advises and prayers. They have special to meet the needs of the people like conducting the Bible Study, Prayers for some Occasions etc.

radascars

Advisor Member
I would consider myself religious, but I am extremely lazy when it comes to visiting the place of worship. I visit my church only 2-3 times in a year. My work schedule is very hectic and I can't find enough time to visit religious places.
As long as you have faith in yourself about your religion it wouldn't matter if you visit your church once in a while.

vest007

As long as you have faith in yourself about your religion it wouldn't matter if you visit your church once in a while.
That is true. But it bothers me sometimes when people brand em as "non-religious". As far as I am concerned, I am much more religious than many of the people who visit church everyday. Or may be that is a byproduct of having atheist parents and ultra-religious grand-parents!

speedy

Advisor Member
That is true. But it bothers me sometimes when people brand em as "non-religious". As far as I am concerned, I am much more religious than many of the people who visit church everyday. Or may be that is a byproduct of having atheist parents and ultra-religious grand-parents!
That's right. For me, I would rather be godly than religious. Because, religious people mostly based their faith with religion standard and doing bad or even worst thing on the week days. Our personal relationship with God really matter and not on what people can see. But honestly, I love to go to church because church is made for us to encourage each other. Its a gathering place where we can share our testimonies to encourage other people and even can ask for a prayer request. So, for me it is still a good thing to go to church every Sunday.

radascars

Advisor Member
Most of the time those who are faithfully going to church regularly are the ones who makes more bad things and I really don't believe that a man who always goes to church is religious enough to call him faithful to God. :(