Do You Have Negative Associations With The Word "GOD"?

J E Roberson

Senior Advisor
It seems coaches, speakers and even pastors have to substitute words like source, universe and other things just to be received. What do you think?

Bill C

Advisor Member
I think some do it for marketing while others do not use the word God because it links to religions and they annoy by them.

J E Roberson

Senior Advisor
I agree Bill, there are numerous reasons and it appears to me like they are growing and God the word is becoming more and more taboo.

Do you personally use it?

Bill C

Advisor Member
Yes I use it probably for education and because comparison to the other terms i feel it more natural. :)

A

Alter2Ego

It seems coaches, speakers and even pastors have to substitute words like source, universe and other things just to be received. What do you think?
J E Roberson:

I am not familiar with the behavior of various ones who attempt to avoid the use of the title "god". But to respond to the question you asked in title of your thread: "Do You Have Negative Associations With The Word "GOD"?

ANSWER #1: It depends which "god" you are referring to.

You do realize that the Bible refers to Satan the Devil as the "god of this world"; do you not?

"Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God." (2 Corinthians 4:4 -- New Living Translation)

ANSWER #2: As concerns the god (Satan) that is referenced at 2 Corinthians 4:4, my second answer to your question is: Yes, I do have negative associations with the word "god."

ANSWER #3: I do not have any negative associations with the word "God" when it is with reference to Almighty God Jehovah.

Alter2Ego

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
I'm ok with it, and may support people being more open minded about listening to the real message. Also, these are just words, what really matters is the meaning we each attach to a word. What God means to me is going to be different than what it means to many others.

J E Roberson

Senior Advisor
Thanks for joining the discussion Alter2ego and msuccess.

It sounds possible you may not be huge into the personal development industry? The new way to market God who you may know as Jehovah is with non trigger words that point to the being of God and don't resemble any religious views. It's a noticeable trend in many genres of personal development industry that preys on consumers.

To address your points, I don't acknowledge Satan as a God any more than a Politician both have to have power given to them. The bible has a lot of information that doesn't serve the human race because of the new paradigms we are experiencing.

Did anybody else grew up fearing God? When I was a child, I feared God, I was afraid if I did something bad God would condemn me.
I believe many have that perception of God, and I guess that's why many people use The Source, the Universe, etc.
Or because they don't want to upset other religions. I personally think it's better use Source or Universe for both marketing and because of what religion has taken brought us to.
Anyway, I just wanted to get in the discussion:)