Do you hate some aspects of yourself?

AmazingP

Advisor Member
Nobody is perfect. Humans are subject to flaws not just in terms of the physical aspect but also with our attitude and orientation. You can either accept a flawed aspect as it is or you can abhor it and even distance yourself away from an imperfection.

What are aspects of you that you really hate? Let's not talk of physical characteristics but more of our attitude towards life and other people.

As for me, I hate the fact that I am slow to action. There were a lot of opportunities that I let go away because I could not decide within a given period of time. And I hate the fact that I am now beginning to reap the bad fruits of past inaction.

Cecil Estrera

As for me, I hate my being regretful for all the things that I've done. I regret it when I am spending so much money, when I am wasting my time, when I cannot finish anything and when I can see something is wrong with my kids. I always blame myself for everything that should have been taken cared of in the first place.

Well, I guess I should not focus on blaming myself but rather with improving and finding solution to problems at hand. That way, things will be better for me and my family.

iebo

I don't like the way I avoid confrontation or the way I procrastinate too much. I wouldn't say I hate myself because of it though. They are just things I have to work on.

francrislee

I hate being Obsessive Compulsive type of person. Oftentimes, I try to make things perfect, try to make things the best that it could be even if I consciously know that I'm quite annoying and bossy already. I hate myself being like that. I just don't want to accept the fact that it is me and no matter what they say and what they feel about about, this is me and I can't do anything about it. :(

Dani

I’m a people pleaser, I put myself in situations that I don’t necessarily want to be in and it makes me miserable. Another trait I dislike in myself is that I tend to be afraid to take chances. I don’t have a lot of confidence in myself to be successful. I’m really working on this one and trying to be more out-going.

Dani

I hate being Obsessive Compulsive type of person. Oftentimes, I try to make things perfect, try to make things the best that it could be even if I consciously know that I'm quite annoying and bossy already. I hate myself being like that. I just don't want to accept the fact that it is me and no matter what they say and what they feel about about, this is me and I can't do anything about it. :(
I agree with you, I am Obsessive Compulsive also, I just realized I was this way after having children. I'm extremely obsessive and it's really hard to stop. I've been going to counseling which really has made a difference.

radascars

Advisor Member
What I hate about my self most of the time is I can't focus on what I do in terms of my work and with my leisure time I feel I waste too much time doing nothing, I know that I work full time all through out the day but there are times I feel not working at all due to exhaustion. I can't cope up immediately and tend to out focus and can't concentrate to what I must do. :(

I also hate my self from procrastination. I don't finish my work on time especially my online jobs :(

zararina

Coaching Member
I hate myself for being so laid back that could result to being lazy sometimes specially if I need to finish a project or work. It is also hard for me to focus on my goal and easy to get bored. It makes hard for me to finish things sine I am doing several things at the same time. It is also very hard for me to made up mind sometimes that leads to too much waste of time in making a decision.

clauemi

I hate being shy, it has affected me in many ways and I find it hard to build relationships, even with my family. I try my best to not be shy when meeting someone but I just end up saying something stupid or making things awkward. In the end I figure I will always be shy and hopefully it does not affect me too much in the future.

hatteubanal

I am a very pessimistic person. I know that my pessimism affects my life but I don't think I can change this destructive attitude towards life. I also am a worrier. The problem is I think too much and I end up worrying instead of finding solutions. As a result, I end up doing nothing.

These traits are what I hate about myself. I hope someday I'll have the guts to take the first step towards change. Hopefully by that time I'll be able to sing along with Jason Mraz. "I won't worry my life away!"