Do you go to the spa to relax and pamper yourself?

Cecil Estrera

I honestly haven't went to a spa to have facial treatments or body massage but I really am curious with the experience and wants to try it soon. However, I still can't afford it now so I guess I'll be sticking to my hubby's hard hands. :p

How about you? Ever had any experience at the spa?

zararina

Coaching Member
I had only experience a sauna bath but never the spa activities like facial and foot scrub (since I do not think they are practical and necessary). I do foot scrub at home sometimes and some other things I can just do at home like cleaning my nails. I had experience d home massage too and I could say that massages really helps ease stress.

fancyfingers

I haven't had the pleasure of going to a spa. I have gone and had a pedicure and manicure. Those are so relaxing! If I feel a bit tense, I will have one of my kids walk on my back and that usually does the trick, also, I am fortunate to have a nephew who is a certified masseuse who will give me a massage when I ask.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
Oh, I think it is really nice to try the services offered by a professional spa even just for one. Last year, a friend of mine who came from Australia invited me to go with her to an expensive spa and we were then treated to a relaxing whole body massage, a naturally-inspired facial spa, pedicure, manicure and even hair treatment. The whole package cost more than $150 but everything was free for me.

Of course, I would not have tried that spa without my friend shouldering the cost. Overall, it was an expereince I would never forget and would really return if I already have the necessary budget. :D

susansboneyard

Who can afford spa services? The best bet is to invite a few friends over and give each other facials and pedicures. My teenage girls do that, and they have a ball!

pwcross

Ah, I certainly agree that going to a spa isn't the most cost-effective thing you can do (not by a long shot), but I will admit to loving it. I go to a spa probably twice a year and relax with a friend. My husband gets the baby for a few hours, and I just let someone else take care of me!

I do wait until I see deals on the coupon sites before going, if that's any defense!

amy005

I've never had the luxury of going to a spa myself. I have not been able to afford that type of thing. But I do go swimming at my YMCA once in a while where there is a sauna and hot tub. That is about as close as I will get. It is enough for me at the moment. It especially feels nice to go in a hot tub and sauna after a nice work out!

clauemi

Have never gone to a spa but would be awesome to have a day to relax. Only problem is I would feel shy and would be weird letting a stranger give me a massage. But I would still go to get my nails done, facial and just relax.

A

A Simpson

I have been to a few spas and really enjoy it. they can be expensive. Best thing to do is get someone to treat you for your birthday or special occasion :)

Last edited by a moderator:

blueberryc

I do spa days at home. Honey facial masks, exfoliating scrubs, and a long hot shower. And then cuddle up in a fluffy robe with my little shocker massager.

RodaTL

Advisor Member
I have an excellent massage therapist to whom I go monthly for 90 minutes of deep tissue massage. It is very helpful as I am a martial artist and my body has taken plenty of beating in the last 10 years :) . And still continues to do the same. Hehe!