Do you find it hard to say no?

Do you find it hard saying no to other people's requests?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

thedigger0

Being assertive can be very stressful some people. Saying no or asking for your needs to be met in some way can be awkward. However with practise we can become comfortable with this process. A lot of the time we have formed an opinion about how someone will respond to our request. Guilt and fear can change our decision making.

So do you find it hard to say no?

For a full description please hit the link: http://www.digalittledeeper0.me/saying-no-its-only-being-assertive/

Ethanbridges

Advisor Member
I think I've improved to 70-30, 70 being No, I don't find saying "No" hard. Saying "No" is a must. It just so happens that we must say it most of the time. :censored:

thedigger0

I think I've improved to 70-30, 70 being No, I don't find saying "No" hard. Saying "No" is a must. It just so happens that we must say it most of the time. :censored:
That 70-30 ratio is brilliant. Because there are some things in life that we must say yes to. Some we feel obligated to do, other times we can't wait to do what is requested of us. Thanks for your response.

I've always had a trouble saying no and asking for help. But as you said, with practise we can become more comfortable.
I've spent a lot of time being frustrated because nobody at work would help me, I was afraid of asking for help, afraid of what they might say and then getting angry because my co-workers wouldn't help me. It's stupid, getting angry at your co-workers because they don't help you, and it's because you don't have the guts to ask:)

thedigger0

I've always had a trouble saying no and asking for help. But as you said, with practise we can become more comfortable.
I've spent a lot of time being frustrated because nobody at work would help me, I was afraid of asking for help, afraid of what they might say and then getting angry because my co-workers wouldn't help me. It's stupid, getting angry at your co-workers because they don't help you, and it's because you don't have the guts to ask:)
Hey Ulloriaq,

Asking questions shows initiative and a willingness to learn. Get real comfortable in doing that. Sometimes even challenge yourself a little the thing you may have put off yesterday or the day before that, try and come up with a plan about how to tackle it. I promise it gets easier every time you do it. Good luck, your mission is about asking more questions. (big smile being sent to you right now)

Hey Ulloriaq,

Asking questions shows initiative and a willingness to learn. Get real comfortable in doing that. Sometimes even challenge yourself a little the thing you may have put off yesterday or the day before that, try and come up with a plan about how to tackle it. I promise it gets easier every time you do it. Good luck, your mission is about asking more questions. (big smile being sent to you right now)
I recently got promoted when my boss moved to a bigger city. I've been challenging myself more than ever. Thank you for your encouragement.
What's even more amazing (for me) is that I was able to ask for more money when we negotiate the contract. It's amazing considering I wasn't able to ask for help just for few months ago.

kathyjoyce

I have and still do find it hard to both say no and ask for any help. With the point in your article about walking past pestering people asking for donations, I have no problem with that. Being made to feel bad if you don't sign up to a small monthly direct debit shouldn't happen if you're assertive. I think you can help overcome these feelings by working on your self esteem, then you don't feel so bad at requesting help, or declining a request.