Do You Enjoy Walking?

MountainHoney

I enjoy walking for stress relief, weight loss, and just the sheer joy of being in nature. I don't get to walk as often as I would like in the summertime, but in the cooler months I make it a point to walk at least once a day.

diamondlisa

Walking is not only a great form of exercise but also a great way to relax and relieve stress for me. I started walking twice a day with my son, once in the morning and again in the evening when it's cooler.

radascars

Advisor Member
I always do this when I am younger like 5 years ago. I always walk when I feel bad about something or if I felt quite depress on something. Sometimes I walk with my friends and have a good discussion and to express my feelings as well. I believe its effective if you want to unwind or to relieve some anxiety. :)

zararina

Coaching Member
I also do not have frequent time to walk. And so whenever there is a chance like going to buy something, i rather walk. I chose to walk specially if the place i will be going to is just near in my place. So definitely i enjoy walking and it was a good form of exercise.

Matt

I think walking is good but I don't really walk that much. I would really like to bike, but where I live is very hilly. The only time I really can bike is if I go to my granddad's house. When I go there, I bike a lot and I enjoy it. I like the rush of the wind blowing across your face. Its a nice feeling :p

allysonwonderland

I absolutely love it, especially by myself! Before I moved I used to walk often, and it was the perfect way to get some "me time" and get my thoughts in order. My new city isn't as safe to walk in, and it's not very pedestrian friendly - no sidewalks, busy streets, inattentive drivers, and not to mention the blistering heat and humidity. It's a little disappointing since I enjoy it so much. My partner and I plan on moving soon to Savannah, GA, which if you haven't been there, is extremely easy to navigate and walk through. I'm looking forward to it!

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I enjoy walking for stress relief, weight loss, and just the sheer joy of being in nature. I don't get to walk as often as I would like in the summertime, but in the cooler months I make it a point to walk at least once a day.
We are on the same slipper, MountainHoney. And I would not wonder if you really like walking because I could sense that with your username. Hiking in a natural surrounding is something I would cherish forever. And even those years that I lived in an urban center, I still find time to walk in busy streets and in the city park.

Walking is not just enjoyable but can also be good for our health and can definitively be stress buster. Can we walk together one of these days? ;) :D

fancyfingers

I with you guys, I love having an interesting scenery to look at when I walk. Staring at cookie cutter houses isn't very motivating to get out and walk. You can jump onto a tread mill and get a decent workout while listening to music or watching TV. I do love walking at Disneyland. You walk miles there and not even notice until you are ready for bed!

summerRain

I really love walking. In fact, everytime I go out, I really prefer to walk and see other people, see the road, and of course it is also a form of exercising.

amy005

I also enjoy walking. Especially being a stay at home mom with a two month old. He can't really do a whole lot more like go to the parks or play areas yet. So I try to make it a habit to go on walks with him in a carrier attached to me. He seems to really like it as well. It especially helps me to keep from going crazy from being cooped up! Before I had him I would give my dog walks at least 2-3 times a day. I love fresh air and being in MN I am sad it is going to start getting too cold to go out with my baby soon.

dors

I love to walk especially in the arrays of big trees. You will feel the great breeze of the air, and the sweet and fresh smell of blooming flowers. It is just great to walk around the park and see the beauty of nature.

clauemi

Yes I love walking. When we were kids my dad would drop me, my mom and my brother off at the park in the afternoon, go to work and come pick us up at night time after work. We would walk around the park, walk to the nearby theatre, sit and talk, lots of good memories. I don't do it as much now because my kids are still too small and all they want to do is go crazy at the park lol. Once they get older I will definitely be taking them more often.

summerRain

I forgot to mention about taking my beloved dogs for a walk. If you don't have no one to walk with then strolling your cute dogs in the park is perfect for you. You can make your dog and yourself healthy plus you are making other people smile whenever they see your cute pet.

pafjlh

Walking use to be something that I loved doing. Notice how I said use to, unfortunately due to some health issues I can't walk as much as I use to, and I have to even think about how far I'm walking before doing so. It was a hard thing to accept because I loved going for a walk and getting out of my house, now I can't do that as much any longer.b

Jessi

I love walking. I don't do nearly enough of it, though. I would love to be able to take a walk daily, but time is an issue and it just never seems to happen much any more.

bneil

I walk most of the time, when I'm going to work, or going to school, combining the amount of distance I walk everyday is around half a kilometer, since after riding a cab, I have to go walking towards work, and school is few blocks away from my work place.

IsabelleChan

Same as you, I don't enjoy walking that much in Summer time but when Autumn strikes, I'd go for a walk in the park to feel the crispy air and cool breeze. Taking a walk is really relaxing and it's even nicer if it's Autumn because you can also appreciate the scenery around. The yellow leaves fall on the pavement and the whole picture is just stunning. I never knew that walking can help lose weight but now I know it, I may do it more often.

R. Paradon

I walk between 30 minutes and 2 hours everyday. It is something that I really enjoy doing. I go with no particular destination in mind and have fun meeting people on the way, looking at minor events going on and just relaxing. It is also very healthy. Five years ago when I first started walking I weighted about 230 pounds and now I am about 150. When I first came to Thailand I was wearing 5x t-shirts that were snug and now I am doing 2x with lots of room to spare!

Dorothy

Yes I love walking! It helps me to relax and think, not to mention it keeps my heart healthy and I might even loose a couple of pounds, which wouldn't hurt! I especially like to walk when I'm stressed to just get away from the source if you know what I mean, and when it's a nice day like in the Spring or Fall even better!!

kai_uk

Walking is great, with the price of petrol going up and up it will save you heaps of money and keep you fit and healthy at the same time. I actually walk most of the time when i go shopping which is good cardio as i have bags in my hands and big rucksack full of food.

Other factors like environmental benefits should also be considered. There is no pollution from walking, and also it keeps the atmosphere animated. Who wants to visit a town full of cars with no-one on the street? A good place to visit is one where local people are window shopping, drinking coffee, hanging out, and keeping the atmosphere alive.