Do You Enjoy Getting Up Early to "Greet the Day?"

MountainHoney

I have always been an early bird and find that I get so much more accomplished if I start my day early. I can plan out what I want to accomplish, get in some "me time," and just enjoy seeing the sunrise. I feel like I've wasted my day if I sleep late. Plus, I can count on one hand the times I've slept past 7:00 a.m. It's just not me.

iebo

I've been waking up earlier lately. I have more to do in my day, and having goals definitely helps me feel inspired to get out of bed.

KingManta

I absolutely love it, but I usually get up way too late to do it.
Since summer started, I kept going to bed at around 2 to 3 am, but last night I went to bed around 12:30.
I woke before 8 am and it felt awesome!

Matt

I like getting up early too, but I make sure to get enough sleep. I try not to be one of those people that stay in bed for an hour after you first wake up. If you think about it, if you do it every day for one year that is a lot of time. Multiply one hour by 360 days and that is 306 hours. I know I have a lot better things to do with that time rather than staying in bed!

KingManta

I like getting up early too, but I make sure to get enough sleep. I try not to be one of those people that stay in bed for an hour after you first wake up. If you think about it, if you do it every day for one year that is a lot of time. Multiply one hour by 360 days and that is 306 hours. I know I have a lot better things to do with that time rather than staying in bed!
I'm one of those people you just described.
Not only do I usually wake up late, but I often lie in bed for 1 or 2 hours before getting up.
And it seems your math is a bit off there haha! 365 days x 1 hour per day=365 hours.

Cecil Estrera

I'm one of those people you just described.
Not only do I usually wake up late, but I often lie in bed for 1 or 2 hours before getting up.
And it seems your math is a bit off there haha! 365 days x 1 hour per day=365 hours.
LOL, you're funny bro.
I get up early everyday as well. It's because my body was used to doing it and I have many things to do in the morning. I have to cook breakfast, take care of the kids, and clean the internet shop before anybody gets in.

Waking up early in the morning gives me a lighter feeling than waking up late. And I feel more energized and motivated to do everything. I also take time to give thanks to the Lord above. I think it's the best way to start a day.:)

zararina

Coaching Member
Well, i get up usually late since i also sleep late also. :p
I find it hard to sleep early even i had laid down in my bed, it seems my mind is still active and i can not sleep yet. So usually the result is i wake up late in the morning. But if i really need to wake up early, i will just set up the alarm.

diamondlisa

I always get up early in the mornings. I feel like I have wasted my day if I sleep let and it seems I don't have enough time to get everything done. I have to start out with my prayer, coffee and emails when I first wake up. Then it's run, shower, and work.

KingManta

Well, i get up usually late since i also sleep late also. :p
I find it hard to sleep early even i had laid down in my bed, it seems my mind is still active and i can not sleep yet. So usually the result is i wake up late in the morning. But if i really need to wake up early, i will just set up the alarm.
Setting the alarm for me often doesn't work though. :p
It seems I can only wake up through the school year, but in the summer even if I set the alarm I just turn it off and keep sleeping for a few hours.

zararina

Coaching Member
Setting the alarm for me often doesn't work though. :p
It seems I can only wake up through the school year, but in the summer even if I set the alarm I just turn it off and keep sleeping for a few hours.
Yes, sometimes the alarm can not wake me as well. And so i will tell someone in the house to wake me up (forcefully) if its too late already and i have something to do or i have an appointment to attend. ;)

speedy

Advisor Member
Getting up early in the morning is a very good thing to do and I missed it. When, I was in the province we wake up before the sun comes out. And now that I am here in the city and have the computer I always sleep late like 2 to 3 am, so I wake up very late as well. I only wake up early if I need to do something in a day, and I sleep early too to do it. When I am with my husband, I will not spend much on the computer anymore I guess and will be able to get up early. It's hard to be in different time zone as I need to catch him on his day time and very much awake on my night time. :)

DeeNeely

Do I enjoy getting up early? No. It is a habit. I really don't have any choice in the matter since I have kids to get up. You can't sleep in if you have kids. Especially during the school year. I don't get much quiet time in the morning because the kids are up. In order to do that I would have to get up at 5-5:30 and no thank you..

There are days when I would just love to lay in bed until the afternoon, but I can't. My body won't let me. I can take a few minutes and that is it. My mind already has a list of things I need to do.

clauemi

I am the same as you, I love getting up early morning when everything smells fresh. After morning rush hour is best time to go out and do things. Lately I have not been able to get up early cause my daughter is going through a 'I'm not sleepy!' phase right now so I go to sleep late. I kind of miss working outside of home just because I got to go outside early in the morning LOL.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
Congratulations on your very healthy habit! Sleeping early and waking up early will make you an official catcher of the "early worms" so to speak. Kidding aside, this is really what we should do and I think our body is really designed this way -- that is following the cycle of the sun and the moon. i am sure you have a lots of energy because you are aligned with the natural energy cycle of life. Sadly, a lot of people can't follow this pattern because it is quite tempting to stay late at night and consequently wake up late in the morning.

A

artistry

Even though I was born on a farm, where the roosters crow and the cows get milked early, I am not a morning person.
I do my best work when it is dark and I sleep, as day is breaking. I like to write when things are quiet and peaceful, I can concentrate better. I am also an insomniac. so I have to wait until I am sleepy, usually very late in the a.m., then I sleep. They say you should be getting at least seven hours of sleep, or you will cut off years of your life. I can never sleep for seven hours straight. So I like the night life, the morning is for those, who have pep in their step, at that time of day.
Which is great, the world is big enough for all of us. Cheers.

LadyJane

Yes, I like rising early in the morning. I've been up since 4:30 a.m. and it felt good to move around the house surrounded by complete silence. I made my coffee, prayed, and sat around for a bit.

Once my family gets up it starts to feel chaotic. If I sleep until they get up I feel like I'm waking up to chaos. My anxiety level shoots up, and of course that transfers over to the kids.

At times getting up too early causes me to get tired during the afternoon and want to nap. However, if I can distract myself and resist the urge to nap I end up going to bed nice and sleepy at a decent hour. I then get a wonderful night's rest.