Do you engage in one night stands even if you are in a relationship?

Love is strong. But so is lust. It's hard to fight temptation. Especially if someone so hot is showing some interest in you. So sometimes, I engage in one night stands. Yes, even if I am in a relationship. I know that my significant other would be hurt if she knew. Is there anybody else here who also engages in one night stand even if he or she is still in a relationship?

selfmade

That is something I have never done. I've always felt that there is no point in being in a committed relationship if one is really not committed. Why not break up and then be free to act without misrepresenting oneself? Cheating on someone is a betrayal of oneself, of one's integrity. I could not live with the contradiction. So, no, I do not engage in one night stands when in a relationship.

Ellejolee

I have engaged in a one night stand...well actually, it happened during the daytime so I guess it would be a one day stand lol, j/k. Anyway, it happened towards the end of one of my relationships and I regret to this day ever doing. Not because I feel bad about cheating but because the sex was horrible!! All I could think about was, wow, I wasted my time and energy on this!! Don't get me wrong, the guy was very nice and we had a good conversations but after the sex, I couldn't bring myself to talk to him ever again. He actually texted me on my birthday and I thought it was sweet but I just can't get the horrible sex out of my head. I have now learned my lesson and have never had a one night stand while being in a relationship again!

Hapiel

How could you do this without telling your significant other? I think a relationships with secrets can never be a perfect relation, and perfection is definitely something I am aiming for!

Narkissos

I don't believe in one-night stands.

To me, they cheapen sex.

Sex for me is way more than just a physical act... So, I just could not do that.

I have had one night stands. But they never happened when I was in a relationship. Yes, I have been tempted and I even kissed a woman once. But I told my girl and she broke up with me. I realized then that even though it hurt I obviously was lacking something in my present relationship.

When you put yourself in positions to be tempted it usually means... (a) You're are not mature enough for a committed relationship (b) You are looking for something your not getting at home (c) you're selfish and you don't really care about yourself or the person you decided to be in a relationship with.

It takes a lot of guts to look yourself in the mirror and decide to be a better person and live with a code that requires you to be 100% honest. One night stands are empty, and at some point, they will lose their excitement leaving you not really clear on what a real relationship is.

When you are ready to face who you need to become, those things won't even cross your mind. Sex is cool but there is so much more to life and relationships than that. If you want to be single your whole life and you can take the consequences that come with that then do you. But if you want something real and long-lasting it's better to just wait for the best person to present themselves.

That is the lesson I learned. It's better to be alone than in a relationship you get nothing out of. You are just wasting your time. And time is the most valuable asset we have.