Do you eat breakfast?

Matt

Do you guys eat breakfast? I do sometimes. It really depends when I wake up. If I wake up earlier than 10, I will eat breakfast, but sometimes I wake up at 10:30 or 11 so I just wait for lunch or eat lunch a little early. It is actually recommended if you are trying to lose weight. It keeps you from eating too much at lunch.

WitchyWoman

I have been told my entire life that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I always have breakfast. Normally I will fix myself an egg sandwich. If I am not in the mood to eat then I make sure I at least have a carnation breakfast drink. One of the big benefits of eating breakfast it starts your metabolism for the day. It also provides your body with energy. If you’re not a breakfast person at least try the breakfast drink for one week you will be amazed at the difference in how you feel.

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
I rarely eat breakfast. I know it's supposed to be good to do, however I just am not hungry at all. When I do eat in the morning, then I don't want lunch! I need to watch my cholesterol so I figure 2 meals a day is better than 3, and if I snack in the evening I try to have healthy things only. That said, I love breakfast food, so sometimes on a weekend I'll go to iHop with my son at lunchtime and have a breakfast around noontime.

Cecil Estrera

I always eat my breakfast. I do so not just for myself but also for my family. When I eat mine, they would be also encouraged to eat the first meal of the day. I personally feed my kids in order for them to get used to the habit. It's sort of setting an example as well. My husband never eats breakfast all by himself so I cook early so that he would have energy to do better at his workplace.

Breakfast is indeed the most important meal of the day so we make sure to consume the heaviest meal that we can every mornings. :)

zararina

Coaching Member
Even I usually wake up late in the morning, I still have my breakfast. Usually it was just milk, bread and egg. Sometimes I just drink milk specially if its almost lunch already. When I was working before in a company and needs to go to work early, I eat heavy meal in the morning (just like rice meals) to keep me energetic until lunch time in the office.

speedy

Advisor Member
It depends of what time I wake up and I went to sleep. Sometimes I sleep at around 3 am and I do eat around 1 am - 2 am because I feel very hungry those hours. But if I will go to sleep early and will wake up around 6 am then I will eat breakfast. Alzheimer disease is not good and I've read somewhere that this disease occurs to people who always skip the breakfast meal. So, breakfast is very important because we need energy to work within the day.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I always believe in the value of eating breakfast. Remember that before breakfast, the last you have is dinner and in between the two there is an average of 10 hours as the gap. This is the reason why it is called as break-fast because it is supposed to break your 'fasting" and the body needs it to do its normal functions. I am taking a regular breakfast and I like it because my energy level is better for the rest of the day.

radascars

Advisor Member
Sometimes I miss eating breakfast but as long as I can I eat it first day in the morning to have energy in the long day ahead. I don't want to feel hungry that's why I always keep my self full its not because I want to be healthy but I just don't want to feel the hunger, it makes me feel irritated with my job. :(

iebo

I usually eat breakfast, but I rarely take time to cook something. Just a piece of toast and some juice usually.

fancyfingers

I usually have something when I first wake up. Sometimes it is a bowl of cereal, other times, it is a yogurt, or an apple sliced and sprinkled with cinnamon. I will have a cup of coffee too.

Mark

Do you guys eat breakfast? I do sometimes. It really depends when I wake up. If I wake up earlier than 10, I will eat breakfast, but sometimes I wake up at 10:30 or 11 so I just wait for lunch or eat lunch a little early. It is actually recommended if you are trying to lose weight. It keeps you from eating too much at lunch.
I usually have a shake after my morning work out. If I skip breakfast I have found that I will overeat the rest of the day.

LovelyGirl

I don't eat breakfast, except for a bowl of oatmeal with a little bit of sugar and cinnamon. Some people say that sugar is not healthy. But one teaspoon of sugar is much less than the many teaspoons contained in commercial cereals. So I have no complaint. Also, I drink green tea and at least two glasses of water when I wake up. This helps to flush my body of toxins.

A

artistry

Sometines I will eat and other times, I will just wait until I am really hungry and eat lunch a little early. But I do think, as someone else said, eating breakfast will help you not to overeat, as the day goes on. In that respect, I think eating breakfast is important.

Mon-Jes

I try to eat breakfast, though sometimes I just don't really want to ingest anything. If I'm truly not in the mood to eat, I won't. I can always get something when I get hungry later on.

mhikylah fox

I did when I’m not rushing to go to work and that is for a few times. Anyways I just eat plenty during lunch.:p

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I don't eat breakfast, except for a bowl of oatmeal with a little bit of sugar and cinnamon. Some people say that sugar is not healthy. But one teaspoon of sugar is much less than the many teaspoons contained in commercial cereals. So I have no complaint. Also, I drink green tea and at least two glasses of water when I wake up. This helps to flush my body of toxins.

Well, that could already be good as oatmeal has nutrients the body can utilize for energy. As to sugar, I think using real sugar would be fine. What I am more concerned is corn fructose syrup which can really havoc in our health especially long-term use. By the way, cinnamon is really healthy. :D

Yolanda

I have to get up really early for work every day because I have quite a long drive and I don't like eating in the train or bus. Sometimes I'm in a rush and I pack breakfast and eat it when I'm waiting for my next train. I don't like eating on the go because it's rushed. Also, it's said to be better for you when you take your time to eat. Both because you feel fuller but also for your metabolism.

clauemi

Yes, every morning. If it were not for my kids I probably would not eat breakfast every single morning. Once I start making them something I get hungry too.