Do you believe that everybody should follow their Passion in Life?

Do you believe that everybody should follow their Passion in Life?

• yes

Votes: 34 91.9%
  • no

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

rostereo

I've heard many times that doing this, it's not always is a good idea, you could neglect other important areas of your life like finances or familly, what do you think about ?

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
I think the answer is yes, but not at the expense of being practical about the other areas. I think most of us can find a balance. I think balance is an area so many people have a hard time with, especially those that become workaholics or focused only on making money.

J E Roberson

Senior Advisor
Yes, absolutely without a doubt in every situation!

I think the worst case scenario is the push back from the egoic mind when you start this practice after that life will transform in to more available options and desired circumstances.

J E Roberson

Senior Advisor
I agree Adaba, if we had the choice of passion or a life without its a no brainer. So the question must be how.

I think the people who mentioned "important areas of your life like finances or family" to Rostereo were like many of us confused about how to find a passion and implement it into daily life.

I believe society has perpetuated the purpose of life to be a series of destinations, in todays culture. We erroneous think how can I get to a "destination" of passion. The truth is an life of passion is a life of enjoying life, the journey, the experience between end points.

A human who lives holiday to holiday or event to event can never implement happiness or passion fully into their life. If one shifts their mindset to a journey focus they will realize every moment, every single moment of our lives we have the option to do a task with passion. If we have options with the action to take, the choice that offers the most excitement at that moment is the best route because it yields the highest energy vibration. Follow the Vibe!

Every thing we do is infused with the consciousness and energy level in which we complete it.

Metaphorically life can be like building a structure brick by brick. The placement of each brick determines the outcome of the building. So is true in life if you take the passion route at every moment through any means, then surely the destination will be passion.

This takes getting out of the mind, trying to give it a picture of passion and into what life is offering in front of you at any giving moment.

Erica Faith

Coaching Member
I've dreamed of becoming an artist ever since I was young but I've let go of that dream a long time ago. I still do art when I have time. But I like what I do now and I love my life as it is. Sometimes you just don't always get what you want and It's pretty amazing how life closes a door for you yet opens another.

adaba063

Coaching Member
The truth is an life of passion is a life of enjoying life, the journey, the experience between end points.

This takes getting out of the mind, trying to give it a picture of passion and into what life is offering in front of you at any giving moment.
Such a simple definition. Not sure I have ever seen or heard passion described so simply.

Thank You!

Passion is not some elusive, mystical thing, it is life in the moment.

all the best,

Erica Faith

Coaching Member
Erica if you still do art time to time is the door really closed?
When I have time, yes. But it's more of a pastime now than a passion. Before I married, I had an apartment full of paintings and drawings. It was never to sell or anything but I would sometimes sit on my chair for about 8-10 hours a day. I just love doing it. But now, I really don't have time for it.

If all goes well with work and business, I'd probably hold a pencil again in the near future and pick up where I left off.

G.I. Glen

Hello... I'm just new here, so I will make this post as short as possible :p

The question is, "should everybody pursue their passion?". Honestly, for me that is difficult question to answer.

The human civilization might not have evolve into what is today without the existence of dead end jobs that people do not want To have but they have no other choice. Civilization is demanding because it requires more people who are willing to work hard but are not necessarily passionate.

Still, I believe each one of us should follow his or her passion. Now I do not want to sound too bookish about this but if I remember correctly, passion is defined as "doing an activity with intense emotion." For example, I am passionate about writing. In other words, I write not only when I'm in the mood. I also write even I'm depressed, angry or pessimistic.

If you somehow found a way to connect your passion to a profit, it would even be better. Of course, It is not that simple. But we are now in the Information Age and the internet provides some resources on how to turn your passion to monetary gains.

Just my two cents.

rostereo

Thank you all for the feedback.

what i understand from everybody comments, is that there are two concepts:
  1. Live with passion every day every moment.
  2. and Pursuit your passion in life.
i think that the first is something that humanity needs to learn. is embrace life and live it with all your heart.
but the second one is what i want to focus on this descussion.

What do you say about people that is so stuck in the system (just for say a word, dont want to enter a discussion on this), they have kids, a morgage to pay, a well paycheck in a boring job, etc.. that they suddenly forgot their dreams. what do you recommend to this people? try to prusuit they dreams or just accept to live with what they are blessed.

regards

J E Roberson

Senior Advisor
If this "stuck in the system" person ask such a powerful yet limited and loaded question, in my opinion the thought foundation of it is, and rightfully so, too confused to efficiently and effectively pursue anything that will later be of self perceived value to their life.

I'd say consider remaining boring.

Javi92

I think you should follow your dreams.

There was this article I read once from a nurse who had worked with many old people and talked to them. She said the number 1 regret of the dying is not living a life true to themselves.

I don't think anyone wants to die thinking about all they wanted to do but never did, regreting all the lost opportunities. Still, many people get so stuck in their daily routines that they basically become a passive observer, a passenger being carried away wherever the current of life wants to lead them.

In order to be happy and succesful I think it is necessary to take the steering wheel and actually decide where you are going, when and how.

Ethanbridges

Advisor Member
Unless you don't follow your passion for some person/s you truly care about, then yes.

It's a rare case. I've heard a couple of great real-life stories (not pursuing his passion so his sister can pursue hers, for example). But I think this case should only be temporal. Life isn't short enough to reach your own dreams.

I believe you have to follow your Passion in combination with your Talents (your ability to become really good at this) and Money you can earn in that industry. Sometimes people have a great passion for *** and they have the ability to become really good at this, but nobody is willing to pay for these skills or they can't scale it to earn a great living. Some people go into the booming industries, but don't really have a passion for it. In the result, they start to procrastinate and never achive anything worthwhile.

I read one story where one of the Fortune 500 companies decided to go to completely different industry because of the competition and low profits (they had Passion and Talents, but stopped making any money). That is a bold move for a billion dollar company. So they moved to another industry where they had all 3: passion, talents and potential to earn money.

Mark Joe

I've heard many times that doing this, it's not always is a good idea, you could neglect other important areas of your life like finances or familly, what do you think about ?
It absoluttly yes. The most important thing you need to know is you need to find your purpose life, and all of your passions, carrier, finances or familly.. follow your purpose

Rhys Barry

Great answers here guys!

The area of finding your passion is such a broad subject and you can approach it from so many angles. I believe yes we should discover our passion(s). In fact, people often turn their passion into a business as well. Your audience become more receptive to buying your product or using your service because they can feel the authenticity - You're not in it for the money, but for the love of pursuing it. So you have the best of both worlds financially and leisurely because you're are loving what you do, it doesn't feel like work and you are receiving an income too.

Many people, however, will say: how do I discover my passion? I can say quite confidently that doing something you really enjoy can nudge you onto finding your passion. Pay attention to your 'emotional guidance system' and if something feels good inside and you receive a positive response emotionally, Follow it! It's leading you onto something bigger, better. Its kind of like a bread crumb trail.

Hope this helps!