Do you believe in miracles?

AmazingP

Advisor Member
In a world under the heavy influence of secularism, atheism and materialism, a lot of people tend to be skeptical and would prefer to believe based on what their five senses can lead to.

In a decadent world, people would only be expecting miracles once they are already under a hopeless situation but when everything seems to be normal, only a few would believe in the possibility of miracles from a higher power.

Do you still personally believe in miracles?

Cecil Estrera

I cannot say that I believe in miracles 'cause I haven't witnessed one and all that has happened in the past has not yet been proved as a real miracle. I am more of a science and logic believer so I will not possibly believe that this really happens and all I believe to are based on scientific basis.

A

artistry

Yes I do believe in miracles, big ones, small ones, in between ones. My sister's husband was diagnosed with 4th stage lung cancer, where you are usually dead in a matter of months. Al Roker, a Today Show guy, I think, his father was diagnosed in September of one year with 4th stage lung cancer, I believe, he was dead in November. My sister called me crying, out of her mind, because she did not want her husband to die. I told her I would pray that the Lord would give him more time, but that when that time was over, she would have to let him go. We all prayed, he lived for over a year, my sister had gotten stronger by that time. She was able to adjust to his leaving her. That I would call a miracle. He was given more time. Other things have happpened in my life. that let me know, the miraculous work of the Lord. I do believe in miracles. Cheers.

zararina

Coaching Member
I do believe in miracles. And life itself is a miracle for me not only human life but all life here on earth.
It was true that for some, they would not believe unless they had experienced it. But mostly, we just can not recognize those miracles cause we might taken those for granted. Just like a line in a song "There can be miracles, when you believe". ;)

clauemi

I believe there were miracles in the times when Jesus was about but now I see them more as coincidences or just destiny.

Yolanda

I believe in miracles and I truly believe that miracles happen every day. People take a lot of things for granted and therefore lose faith in things like miracles and goodness of other humans beings. Personally, I can enjoy little things like buds opening in spring or the glistening of snow on the branches of leaves. We don't stop and wonder enough anymore in this hard-knock, all-about-work society.

Daisiesndots

I do believe in miracles. I have read about situations where even doctors and scientist could not explain the results. Why someone was able to live after a tragic accident that was supposed to kill them. Or why a baby who was pronounced dead, wakes up 5 hours later. Some things just cannot be explained.

I believe that miracles can occur. Sometimes amazing things happen without any explanation. I think prayer for example can bring miracles. If you are ill example and you believe in the power of prayer and have a lot of people praying for you, I think that positive energy can bring great results. My grandmother was recently very ill and the doctor's did not think she would make it. In fact, she had several complications and each time, they did not have much hope. But my grandmother is a fighter and she has not only survived but started on the road to recovery. Even the doctors are amazed and have given the credit to her not to their lifesaving measures.

rose banks

I always believe and have faith in miracles. I know most of us believe only in what we see but in the scriptures Jesus said, believe first and you'll see. It's faith that lead us to believe in God and his loving mercy.

Dorothy

Yes I do believe in miracles. I myself have had a couple of miracles in my lifetime I have always believed in them, because I don't think I would be here today if it wasn't for a miracle.

pafjlh

I believe in miracles, I think they are all around us if we just take the time to acknowledge them. A miracle can be small such as finding something wrong with your health such a blood clot before it kills you or walking away from an accident that could of been a whole lot worse (which happened in my family). It can also be something big such as surviving a horrendous disaster when there shouldn't have been any survivors. For some this may not seem like what you would classify a miracle, but I classify them as one.

Jessi

No, I don't.

I do believe that good things happen. I do believe that sometimes, the "unbelievable" or unexpected might happen at a time when you need it most. I don't think they're miracles or gifts from above, though.

Peishan

Have you heard of this quote: If you want to see a miracle in your life, then be that miracle.
Cheers :)

Sophia G

One of the definitions of miracle is - a highly improbable or extraordinary event, development or accomplishment. I think if you change your perception, you'll see that life is a series of tiny miracles.

Peishan's quote goes along with one I read recently - if you make a choice to take a chance you can change your life. A miracle?

Robert Basham

I do believe in miracles, shall I say, life is unpredictable and full of surprises, miracles are included in it.

KerryL

Yes I believe in miracles although not in the sense that a miracle is associated with some kind of magical, supernatural event. To me a miracle is something that occurs which to the general public appears to defy logical explanation. Such as a man lifting a 3 ton car off his son trapped underneath. This could be perceived as a miracle. But imo it's simply the man's innate strength showing itself when it NEEDS to be shown because the man himself caused it to using his mind power. Although this is amazing, it isn't miraculous - it's just that unfortunately most people don't believe such things are possible in the first place and dub them 'miracles'.

Likewise miracles can occur during events of religious hysteria which again is 'simply' the power of people's mind at work. Hopefully someday soon our infinitely powerful minds will be recognised as an everyday part of our lives rather than something that is illogical and as the dictionary definition given above says 'improbable'. IMO as soon as we start accepting miracles as things that are probable rather than improbable, the sooner they will start to be part of our every day lives. ifyswim.

love

Kerry

matthewebbert

I do believe in miracles. I have read about situations where even doctors and scientist could not explain the results. Why someone was able to live after a tragic accident that was supposed to kill them. Or why a baby who was pronounced dead, wakes up 5 hours later. Some things just cannot be explained.
I dont think so its Miracle.. its their destiny..

KerryL

I dont think so its Miracle.. its their destiny..
People call a woman having a baby "the miracle of childbirth". It isn't a miracle at all, it's a series of chemical reactions. That isn't to downplay how completely amazing the process of childbirth is. But it isn't a miracle. A miracle IMO is a medieval type term to explain something to the masses (dumb them down). Certain elite people don't want ordinary people to understand, so they call them miracles.

IMO in order to protect esoteric knowledge and keep it amongst the few, the public are told that these things are unexplainable, miraculous.

Everything in the universe can be explained but just because we can't explain it doesn't make it a miracle. Amazing yes, mir
aculous no.

with love
Kerry

matthewebbert

Exactly their is nothing like miracle in life the things happen because of some reason. we feel that its unexpected but their will be some kind of reason and because we don't know about that reason we are saying its miracle.