Do You Always Eat On Time?

beingwell

I usually do. It's hard for me to eat a late lunch, especially because I am acidic. I usually have crackers with me, in case of emergencies. I'm always having my meals by 8am, 12pm and 7pm, give or take 10 minutes.

You?

tired

Not possible - schedules always too hectic. I wish though that we could. We do always sit down as a family at supper though - a tradition from my youth passed on to my kids and now to theirs. There is nothing more enjoyable then going over the day and sharing at supper - it bonds the family even more.

vest007

Not possible - schedules always too hectic. I wish though that we could. We do always sit down as a family at supper though - a tradition from my youth passed on to my kids and now to theirs. There is nothing more enjoyable then going over the day and sharing at supper - it bonds the family even more.
Same here. I almost never take breakfast. Usually take lunch early, at 12:45, so lunch acts as the breakfast. By 4-5 PM another round of snacks and finally a heavy dinner at 10 PM. It is as unhealthy as you could get. But I have no other choice. It is either career or health.

radascars

Advisor Member
Since I got my day job in the hospital I don't eat my meals on time, there's always this toxicity of work whenever I am in the hospital and food is the least thing you could ever think. I tend to eat my breakfast 11am and lunch 3-4pm and sometimes I don't eat dinner as I am very tired and likes to sleep rather than to eat. :)

Yolanda

I try to eat at regular times, but it's not always possible because my boyfriend works different types of shifts and I have college during the evenings. Breakfast is tricky because I get up very early and I can hardly get my breakfast through my throat at 6 pm. So I take breakfast to work with me and eat it on the go. I don't really like eating on the go because it's more tensed and you haven't got the time to really enjoy it. However, a good breakfast is important and I'd rather eat it on the go than to have none at all. Lunch at work is always on the same time so that's easy, but when I am at home I sometimes forget the time and eat my lunch a bit later.

apple

I try to eat regularly but it's hard because I usually eat when I'm hungry.
I know it's bad because it can lead to overeating. :(

AmazingP

Advisor Member
My parents are so strict when it comes to the time for taking meals. We always follow the same schedule everyday. It is 7.30 for breakfast, 12.00 for lunch and 7.30 pm for dinner. Variations can crop up but never within the range of one hour. This could be the reason why no family members so far suffered any stomach-acid related illnesses.

zararina

Coaching Member
Not all the time. :p
There are times that i wake up too late so i would not have a breakfast (cause it is already lunch).
And sometimes i do not eat dinner early cause i am not yet hungry. So it depends on certain situations.

Cecil Estrera

Since I usually get up at 7am, that's the time when I get to eat my breakfast.
But my lunch is hardly eaten on time, 'cause I am usually to busy working at our internet cafe while taking care of my kids so I usually have it at 1-2pm. Our dinner is at 8, which I think is just on time.

Daniel paul

In past time I didn't maintain any schedule for my meal. But now if possible I try to have my breakfast within 9am, lunch 2pm and dinner within 10pm. I can't maintain this routine everyday.

Matt

Well, My breakfast really varies because I sometimes get up at 6:30 and other times at 11. Most of the time, I will eat breakfast when I get up, unless it is past 10, then I will just have something small and wait for lunch. I will eat lunch around 12 or 12:30 then dinner around 6:00. I normally am really hungry during those times so I can't wait too long otherwise bad things would happen :p

iebo

I eat at completely different times every day. Since I work from home I can basically just eat whenever I want, so I do!

nonoyyh

I also eat at 8 am, 12 pm, and 7 pm. I eat regularly because I know that eating late will lead me to gastric problem. I never dare to confront with health problem. So, I maintain a fixed time to eat my meal. I will leave my work when it comes to the time for me to eat.

MyDigitalpoint

Advisor Member
I try to have breakfast sometime between 7 and 10, but depends much on how early or late I wake up and any pending thing I have to do first. If so, I skip breakfast -- and sometimes lunch -- to have brunch between 12 and 2 pm.

Dinner usually falls sometime between 5 and 7 pm and I have supper around 10 or 11 pm, otherwise a cup of coffee or milk, again, depends on pending things I have to do still for the day.

kai_uk

I usually eat on time during the week when i am doing the daily grind. Cereal in the morning, same time same place. Then it's lunch break at the same time and same place. Dinner generally changes by about 1 or 2 hours each day. If i need to go shopping then I eat a bit later otherwise it is a regular 6.30pm dinner.

During the weekend however, it is not regular. I might skip breakfast and have brunch instead, which is not ideal but i might wake up late if i'm not going anywhere.

Isantis Tao

Coaching Member
if you are acidic then crackers, though starchy which h elps them absorb, are actually going to perpetuate your problem. wheat is very hard to digest and is one of the causes of acid reflux.

I myself have acid reflux, because I used to be a body builder and my diet was all carbs and meat. If you want to be less acidic you have to seriously cut down on your carbs and meat. Ideally cut meat out totally, its extremely hard to digest and your stomach has to produce huge amounts of acid to digest it. Make sure the carbs you consume are high quality. Not processed carbs like white bread. And go gluten free, if not grain free altogether. THe paleo diet will cure your acidity and give you huge amounts of energy.

But anyways, I fast a lot. Usually for a portion of every day. This helps keep my digestive system clean. It takes some practice, but it is very good for you. However eating regular meals has a certain stability to it that is appealing I understand. But if you cannot go without food without getting heartburn, its not hte going without food that is causing it, its what you were eating the past few meals which was sending your stomach into acid pumping mode. Real food should be digested largely by enzymes, not by acid. And your body is able to go without food for at least a couple of days when you are living as nature intended without any stomach pain.

If you would like more information on this I suggest visiting my blog, and taking my dietary secrets course.

Hope that helps!