Do Vision Boards Work?

Kareem

Advisor Member
Vision board can help train your subconscious to create a new belief system but nothing guarantees they will work if you have still hold on to limiting beliefs towards your goals. That would be my guess anyways

Has vision boards worked for you? It's been one of the most effective ways to achieve your dreams.
Nope..could be affected by the fact that I'm not a very visual person (though, in some ways I am). I think we each get moments in life where we do very little but focus on something and suddenly it's in our lives. But, it's definitely not a guarantee with a vision board 100% of the time. There are some things in life that can be difficult and, perhaps, not happen for one reason or another. In my experience, a vision board may help but it's not a guarantee of anything on its' own. Even with consistent effort, people can find that their goals haven't happened even with use of a board. Is anything possible? Yes. Is anything guaranteed? Nope.

Maybe I'm having a cynical moment. Perhaps, having the conviction that certain things are guaranteed can contribute to your success in that area. I know from experience that focusing on the outcome you want can lead you on a better track (as far as actions, ideas and thoughts). Some people may interpret believing things are guaranteed with having that "faith" or continual focus on what you want. At certain times, that kind of thinking might be more helpful than any other.

Woehrior

I love the idea of a vision board as i have heard so many success stories about them. The most amazing one that i heard about is the one that is featured in the film "the secret" (which i highly recommend you watch). It's amazing since it gives you a clear vision of what you are aiming for

Alexander Ang

Some people use vision board to remind themselves why they do what they do.

It is a great source of motivation because you should be feeling great and excited everytime when you look at your vision board. The key here is anticipation, the positive feelings that you had when you look at them.

Some could take weeks, months and some could take years. But heck, it doesn't cost us much and it's fun doing it, so why not? (I have 2 vision board myself) :)
And you are right - Vision without action is just an hallucination. So, take consistent action and invest your time and energy moving towards your goals!

Cheers!

dtulk14

I love all of your encouraging words about vision boards! I had made one for a biz I had years ago and now am motivated to make one for my biz that I am just starting. I also have a copy of "The Secret" that is excellent and will re-watch to also assist with my mind set. :)

PennySafe

I think vision boards are good tools to remind yourself of what you want. I don't think that it's required to look at them everyday, though. I have one on Pinterest I look at occasionally. It's more important to just have the images in your awareness until you look at the board later and see how much has come to pass.

Joyce W

I actually like creating a vision board rather than just writing down my goals. For me, it's easier to imagine myself reaching my goals if there's a picture corresponding to them. The way I set mine up is on a 3-fold board, like the kind you would use for a presentation. I post the pictures with a thumbtack that way it's easy to remove them once I've accomplished them and put new ones in their place.

Todd

Vision boards are powerful, but I've found that each image on the board must represent a CORE desire, rather than just some surface want that your spirit doesn't crave... You will know when you have the right images on the board, as you feel powerful emotions of joy and motivation when you look at them... This brings your vibration to the right frequency to be in a receiving state... Couple this with undying action, and you WILL see results!

Erica Faith

Coaching Member
Has vision boards worked for you? It's been one of the most effective ways to achieve your dreams.
It's a great idea and a constant reminder of what you aspire to be and what you want have. I guess anything that gives you a boost with achieving things in life is a good thing have. I use to have one when I was studying.

adaba063

Coaching Member
Nope.. In my experience, a vision board may help but it's not a guarantee of anything on its' own.
I am in full agreement here.

I know from experience that focusing on the outcome you want can lead you on a better track (as far as actions, ideas and thoughts).
Here is the magic of the proper use of a vision board.

A vision board -- in and of itself -- is nothing but a fancy picture or collage. It is the emotion that we bring to that image that makes the difference.

It is possible to look at a vision board and rather than viewing it with anticipation, view it as a constant reminder of not having what is desired. That becomes self defeating and in effect the vision board does not work -- although it is working, just in a negative rather than positive way.

just a few thoughts,

Toby Jensen

Coaching Member
Inspiring to see

But only effective if followed through on.

saliksaly

Advisor Member
I thing it's something very natural. Everyone plays with inner visions of their wishes, dreams, thing to do...
This is very useful technique which pulls out the inner images on the daylight.
On vision board we can make order in out visions, arrange them, decide of their priorotioes and take some consistency not to change it after the decision...

I have used it for a few months and for me it is a tool to target my day when I wake up in the morning. There are my goals.
Every time I ses it, I remind my life goals and it pulls me out from a bad mood. I gives me a new energy to take action now towards my goals...

Vision boards are simply one tool you can use in order to better visualize your goals. By visualizing your goals and seing them clear in front of you, you will be able to attract them with the law of attraction (You can read "The Secret" as a reference to this).

Aga_IRE

I made 2 certificates also because of looking at content of my vision boards. They were there, reminding themselves constantly, so it was a good reminder. Passed exams for both courses.
As an additional tool boards are pretty good, though obviously they do not do magic themselves.
Just working on a new one. :)