Do Something New...

digitalbrew

It's hard to do something new when you're accustomed to a routine. Have you ever felt doing camping or hiking only to stop because you remember that today is movie day and you've planned a movie marathon? Have you ever wanted to go on a night out but remember there's this great show on TV or you had planned to do your laundry tonight (like any other week)?

Well, it's time for something new. Go on a camping trip. Prep the car or get on the bus to visit your parents. Take your dog to the dog park.

Enjoy!

Jessi

That's really great advice.

I never choose watching TV or something over doing those other things. I do love going out and trying new things especially. I wish I had more time to do more, though.

pafjlh

You have a valid point here, people can be creatures of habit. I know that I am, not that I allow TV to control me that much but I do allow my normal routine to do so. However, when I do push myself to do something different such as go out for the evening I find that I don't regret it. In fact, I find that I do enjoy myself a great deal. So, as hard as it maybe for us to break our routines and get out there this is important to do. Getting in a rut isn't a good idea. What you said about trying something new is also a good idea. Sometimes we're afraid or simply don't want to try something new that we have never done before. But this can sometimes lead to finding out more about ourselves, and even something new that we enjoy doing.

zararina

Coaching Member
Yes, it is sometimes necessary to break your routine to relax, evaluate things that are happening in our lives or just to simply enjoy.
I try to have an out of town vacation even just once a year and go out occasionally to relax.

Rea

Great way to break free from our comfort zones, too! Doing other things than the usual can even unlock potentials that have been sitting there all along. By doing this, one can connect with his feelings and come into a realization of what he truly desires.

PursuingExcellence

Great advice. I like to challenge myself to learn something new every day, as well! Whether it be big or small, maintaining this commitment is always feasible. I learned in my forties that wisdom is indeed the most attractive quality a person can bestow. We often don't realize this in our earlier, most formative years and get caught up in trying to improve our appearances. Learning something or trying something new helps us conquer our fears and adds to our self-confidence. A wise, confident person who wears a smile is indeed, often times, the most sought after person in a crowded room.

Gina33

There is six inches of snow on the ground. I think I will skip the camping for now! I used to go all the time, and have not for the past two years. I do need to do something new. I need to change it up. With the holidays here, I am broke. I can not even afford to pay for gas unless it is to go to work, or to get the kids from school.

Still, being broke doesn't mean I can not embrace change. There are a lot of free ways to do something new. I made snow angels and built a fort with the kids. I had not done that in a couple of years. Afterwards, I felt really refreshed and glad that I did it.

Pj Zafra

Doing something new every now and then is an amazing feeling. We feel growth and in a way, satisfaction especially if it means getting out of our comfort zones. I recently went out of my comfort zone and rode a roller coaster for the first time. lol It felt amazing! We need to treat ourselves and celebrate every now and then. We deserve it. :)

ClutterMind

I think this is advice everyone should follow. I really think that people's lives would be so much more interesting if everyone at least tried learning or doing just one new thing every month. It doesn't even have to be a drastic change, just a little something new, you never know what you might come across.

I wrote a little blog post on starting habits, if anyone is interested (in my signature) that might help some people. Good luck everyone.

M

Mindset Coach

Yes, it is absolutely refreshing to discover a new aspect of one's personality when we push the boundary, come out of comfort zone and do something new.

I am absolutely sold on the idea that a person's life could be a lot more desirable if only that s/he would get out of her own way. I have learnt that it stagnation is often caused by self-limitation. We could develop a new habit or even ditch a negative one just by doing something new every so often.

Last edited by a moderator: