Discover 3 Simple Strategies How To Overcome Fear

DreamLifeRules

Coaching Member
I bet you know, what is #1 obstacle that stops you from achieving your goals.

That is Fear.

But what Fear really is?

- consider this acronym:

· False

· Evidence

· Appearing

· Real

Here are 3 simple options (3 F´s),

you have every time, you are facing fear:

Flight - running away from opportunities, challenges, and situations that take an extra bit of effort.

Freeze - staying in the same jobs, in the same relationships, trying not to be noticed, and hoping, all problems magically disappear.

- Freezing is just as destructive as flight, to be successful you have to be active.

Fight - If you want to succeed, THIS is the instinct to follow. Fight for what you want, and for what you know you deserve.

- “But what if I lose?” you might ask. The best part of this fight is that even if you lose, you come out stronger. You’ll be stronger the next time you face that situation.

Which response would you like to use always, when you face fear (simple answer I think :)),
but Which response you are used to use now?

Mick IOM

Advisor Member
I would like to add my 2 cents on this.

Fear is a protection mechanism from the brain that tells you that there's some sort of danger. A danger to the brain means anything it isn't confident with or used to.

A gun to your head would obviously trigger fear.

Speaking for the first time in public, also triggers fear, because you aren't confident with this, and there's always danger that people won't like it. Your brain tries to convince you from this type of fear, which is why many great speakers still experience fear when they go on stage (although they've so many references that they know that this fear is the type that's fake).

So to me, this means that when there's no obvious real danger, fear is the ultimate SIGNAL that you're breaking through to the next level in your personal development.

If you want to break through to the next level, you better do it right away, because if you've ever going to break through, you'll have to face the fear you're feeling anyway. The less you procrastinate on doing so, the faster you'll develop.

All the best,
Mick

DreamLifeRules

Coaching Member
@Mick IOM I agree. All people experience fear (even experienced people), but difference in my opinion is the reaction.
Fear could destroy you (if you let it, as you mentioned procrastination,..),
or if you let your fear motivate you, help you learn more and stop procrastianting,
fear could become one of the greatest assets you are using.